Topic: i need advice where to start

hi gang
anybody know where to send a singing, guitar playing, pc idiot to start recording on my pc. i have tried and for some reason all i can get is 1 minute rec can not find any place to change the timming
i need to keep it simple , money, big issue   time, big issue
i can not make sample cd's   no money for studio time
i can not get giggs with out sample cd's    stupid circle thing
help get me started please i'm getting olded by the minuite and i'm already on the down hill side :<)
randy

always pickin someting

Re: i need advice where to start

rstauffe right here! you came to the right place as you have stated money is the big issue ok you can download a free program called Audacity and below is a link to mediafire on it are several free videos that show you how to use this program,you can burn a CD with your media player or there are other programs like Nero which may cost around $30.00 but it is a better program for doing this but the media player on your PC is free I will find the link for downloading Audacity there are other freeware programs but this may be the easiest to understand it was for me anyway so give me a sec and I will find the link ok here ya go
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/  just download the one for your PC(vista or whatever you have)
to get started smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

thanks i got the audiocity but the media file was 14 hours to download i guess i'll fumble throught it with out it but it is a start

always pickin someting

14 hours?? did you try to download the entire file at once? if you click on the folder it should open and there are 6 videos click on one at a time or email me your home email and I can upload to yousendit and they will notifie you that a file is ready to pickup,to download one video should not take more then a few minutes even on mediafire try downloading one at a time and if you need any further help let me know smile

rstauffe wrote:

thanks i got the audiocity but the media file was 14 hours to download i guess i'll fumble throught it with out it but it is a start

the time thing is my phone line i have dial up on an old rotery dial system out (used to be a party line) in gods land.  friends ask me if they are still in michigan when they come over:<)
but hey i have enough land i have a weekend long music festaval in my back yard every year so it balences out in the long run

always pickin someting

I use a Boss micro, yes it costs money, but it is the cheepest recording studio that I could find, when you have your recording transfer it to the computer, and burn the CD.
PS I to can not get Audiocity to work as well.
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Tony what cant you get to work? please discribe in detail the problems your having or just in general terms I know it can be corrected if I know what the problem is smile

tony eaves wrote:

PS I to can not get Audiocity to work as well.
tonyblue

Hi Russell,
it is just everything, I have looked at the files that you kindly put on the site, but in my case nothing seems to work.

I do have a song at the moment that I recorded with drum machine, could I take out the start and end using audiocity ?

as always Russell, thanks for all the help that you give on the site

tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin