Topic: Sliding In :0)

A big hello to all here.Just signed up today, what a great forum this is.I am just kinda starting to learn acoustic guitar, although i have bin messing about for a few years with chords and such. I watched a session on Saturday night~BBC 4- Seasick Steve & Company~ I really want to learn open tuning and slide guitar, any suggestions for complete begginers on this ?? There is sooo much info on the web it all gets a bit confusing.

Cheers~ MMsippy

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Maya Angelou~

Re: Sliding In :0)

Welcome.  Always happy when someone new comes in here.  The best advice is stick around here to see what you can learn and practice, practice, practice.  With lots of practice everyday, if you can, you will see and hear a difference over time.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks for your warm welcome Bensonp, i will stick around yikes).

Maya Angelou~

Hi Missmessippy,

I can't help with the slide, but wanted to welcome you to Chordie. I'm sure someone here can and will help you, as we have all levels of musicians here, and were a friendly bunch, so just hang on, someone will be along shortly to help you, though it is a little slower on the weekends, so keep checking back. Glad your onboard!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

5 (edited by cameronkl7 2009-08-31 01:38:36)

Hi Missmessippy,

I found this on a site that I often look at thats helped me alot, hopefully it'll help you as well, it's a cool little blues slide lick, by the way, I love Seasick Steve.

Cam   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2axT3sX1I

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi Cam,

What a warm welcome, thankyou!- The link you posted was really really helpful, nice 'n' simple, just what a beginner needs.Also the links to open tunings, referenced at the side will be getting checked out :-) Yeah i have only recently found Seasick Steve, ah how my faith is renewed !! --particularily like " Falling off a rock".. have tried to get some info etc, on this such as lyrics, chords and such, seem a little hard to find !!... i am a Big J/Brown fan too :-)

MMsippy

Maya Angelou~