Re: Picks Around the World

Everythang sounds good, to me. Just an update - package has NOT arrived as of today's date.

Nela

Hang in there Nela,

They told me when I sent it to Badeye, that it would take 5 to 10 days to go from North Carolina to Nova Scotia, I think Badeye posted he had gotten it in about 7 days after I sent it. From Nova Scotia to you is even futher. The anticipation is great though when your expecting it. So pick you out a goodin as we say here in NC. Hope you get them soon!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi Nela, I sent the picks on the 20th, asked the girl at the postal place, [in a corner store], the
clerk  couldn't say. Hopefully ya get em soon.

have a good one..   Badeye   cool

one caper after another

My fellow pickers and pickerette's. I done received dem picks. Got'em in todays mail. This is a real good thing that Topdown has got going and I apprieciate being a part of it. As I read Topdown' post, from a few day's ago, I see we have gotten away from how thangs were supposed to work and I want to be a part of getting it back on line. Since I have already committed to KPAP that he would be next after me I will be sending them on to him just as soon as I can make a decision on which picks I wanna keep and which ones of mine I want to part with. Anyone else who wants to a part ot this MUST wait until KPAP receive's the picks and THEN makes a a post stating that fact. Then and only then will the 1st person outta the millions and millions of Chordie fans to send KPAP a " I WANNA BE NEXT" post, be selected. I hope to be able to get the package out no later than Monday. KPAP, hope you are ready to browse through some mighty fine lookin' picks. Enjoy!

Nela

Glad you got the picks Nela, have fun and enjoy, Kap Pick you out a goodin now, can't wait to see where they wind up next.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi KNela smile

Glad you finally got your cottin pickin picks big_smile  Phewwwww. It seemed like a long time.

I am looking forwards with great pride to precociously picking picks to play and part with.

Thanks KNela...By the By...it's KAP not KPAP big_smile

Roger Guppy is next on the list after me . (Grandfather clause prior to new rule)
When Roger receives his picks he will post "Package Received" The next poster is winner. big_smile

As Topdown has delegated as the new rule for taking part: When the pick package is received, whomever receives the picks will post "Package Received" The first to respond to the thread on board will be the next chordian in line. Addresses sent by private Email by the winner to the previous winner.

Lets keep this thread cooking with some pics of some picks.

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey budddddy, when I got back on line I saw that I typed your HANDLE wrong. Been a long week and this ain't the 1st thang I done got wrong. Sorry 'bout dat. Anyway, get ready.

KNela

No need to apologize my friend,I just funnin with ya. big_smile
Long weeks suck....................................................... I hate that when that happens lol

I'll be checkin my maily daily.
Now I gotta figure out how to post the pick pics.
Thy will be done. smile

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Nela, happy to hear you got the pick package, took about 8 days to get to you. It's a good gage on how fast or slow the postal system is.

Take care.     Badeye   cool cool

one caper after another

KAP. I knew you were just funnin' but my typo was not done on purpose. I'm just glad that I typed a "KP" instead of a "KR". Now that woulda been a real "stinker".

Nela

Kap54, package will leave my house tomorrow morning headed to you. If the times hold true you should receive it in about 8 or 7 days. Let us know when you get it. I tried a couple of the picks I selected and I do believe my playing has improved. Hope you have the same experience.

Nela

Thanks Nela smile I'm really looking forwards to this. Usually I make the trip way out to the mail box in our Condo Unit once a week.
It's feels kinda good expecting something good for a change in the mail.
Roger...keep your eyes peeled..Yer next, and then it's first come, first served on "Package Received"

Kenny big_smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Kenny,

Looks like I will have a couple of weeks to wait but as soon as I recieve the I will post a message to find out who is next.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

^ Hey Rog - I've added a placemark to the map in Portugal in what I believe to be a location close to you.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q& … =h&z=3

If you would like to add any info or provide a more exact location you can shoot me an email with the data or if you have a gmail account send be your addy so I can add you as a map collaborator.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

NELA wrote:

My fellow pickers and pickerette's. I done received dem picks. Got'em in todays mail. This is a real good thing that Topdown has got going and I apprieciate being a part of it. As I read Topdown' post, from a few day's ago, I see we have gotten away from how thangs were supposed to work and I want to be a part of getting it back on line. Since I have already committed to KPAP that he would be next after me I will be sending them on to him just as soon as I can make a decision on which picks I wanna keep and which ones of mine I want to part with. Anyone else who wants to a part ot this MUST wait until KPAP receive's the picks and THEN makes a a post stating that fact. Then and only then will the 1st person outta the millions and millions of Chordie fans to send KPAP a " I WANNA BE NEXT" post, be selected. I hope to be able to get the package out no later than Monday. KPAP, hope you are ready to browse through some mighty fine lookin' picks. Enjoy!

Nela

thanks

one caper after another

Has anyone taken any pics of the picks yet?  wink

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

good idea!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

topdown wrote:

^ Hey Rog - I've added a placemark to the map in Portugal in what I believe to be a location close to you.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q& … =h&z=3

If you would like to add any info or provide a more exact location you can shoot me an email with the data or if you have a gmail account send be your addy so I can add you as a map collaborator.

Hi Jeff,

I jumped the gun a bit on this one as I thought that Kenny had recieved the picks when I wrote to him (still it got me next in line, didn't it lol). I live a little out of Almancil but I think that it is close enough for this.

As soon as I receive them from Kenny I will post a message here to find out who will be next.

Roger

I just proudly picked up a pack a pics in my post. big_smile

I'll promptly proceed to post the pack a pics to Portugal. big_smile

Wow!!! This is quite the selection of pics. A very cool project indeed.  Thanks Topdown. big_smile

I have volunteered myself at Kinsmen Camp (for under privileged kids) this weekend. We are doing a re-build of the washrooms so I will have in the mail by Monday for sure.

Heads up Roger.....Pics are coming your way. big_smile

Heads up for Rogers received post for those that want in....First to answer is next.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Is it this post I answer to or when Rogers gets them?

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

I was so excited that I didn't read the entire post Kenny.  So I guess it's when Roger receives them, the first one to respond, correct?

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

OK Kenny, I am now waiting with baited breath, mind you they will take a day or three to arrive here.

RavenLady, as I understand it as soon as I recieve them I am to post a message here and the first e-mail that I recieve from will be the next recipient. At least I think was Jeff original suggestion. OK I know that I did not follow that but at my age you can sometimes get things wrong lol.

Roger

73 (edited by RavenLady 2009-09-11 20:50:10)

badeye wrote:
NELA wrote:

Nela

thanks

I WANNA BE NEXT!  (figure I'll put this in just in case wink

Roger I think the rules changed a bit along the way but please someone clarify!  Topdown where are you?  LOL!!!  I'm good either way, sending Roger a email once he receives them and posts that he has or this way, just posting that I want to be next!  :-D

Cheers
Heather

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

74 (edited by KAP54 2009-09-11 20:55:16)

Once the pics have been received, "that person" will post that he or she has received them. The next person to respond on the board to that post is next in line.
I believe that is how Topdown has it set up but I could be wrong. smile

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Guys and Gals - I'm not much for "rules" - especially when this is just supposed to be a fun project. That said, I thought it would be best if this forum thread somewhat followed the pick package to keep everything current. We just got 3 or 4 folks ahead which will take a month or more of mailings just to keep up. I thought other chordians might loose interest if it got way out of hand. As we are now traveling over seas, it could easily be 3 or 4 months (or more) if 7 or 8 got lined up. There are new members to chordie everyday and everyone should have an equal chance.

So yes, please lets try to keep it current. Roger - after you receive it and receive an email, please don't even post who it is going to. Keep that private until the next person receives the package. I guess a hint would be cool. i.e: "Package received, on the way to Zimbabwe" or something like that.

Now what happens in email behind the view of members......

Some stats - From my calculations, the package has traveled approximately 3,914 miles so far. The trip from KAP to Roger alone is roughly 3,775 miles so after he gets it, it will have gone 7,689 miles. GO PICKS GO!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!