Topic: I've Been Every Where Man

After checking out the Google Map links in Topdowns "Picks Around the World" I thought I would start a thread with places of interest by Chordians around the world.
Unfortunately I tried to post link to individual pages but it won't work so I guess you have to manually type in your destination.
"Cassiar British Columbia, ". This is an asbestos mine stuck in the middle of the mountains in the middle of nowhere...near the Yukon border. I worked here in 1975 for 5 months before they went on strike.
I was learning guitar back then and it sure did come in handy. big_smile On top of the map there is a link to "More" this will give you pics and a wikipedia speil on Cassiar. The work sucked but Man..It was beautiful up there.
"Whitehorse Yukon" I lived here before I worked at Cassiar. I'm just a little fart so I kept a pretty low profile especially in the Yukon bars. lol
"Watson Lake Yukon" Lived here a short spell waiting for the Greyhound bus to take me home. 5 days on the bus...Oiy!!!
It was a cool year. big_smile
If you have a place of interest that you have been to and would like to share then by all means post it up.
Here is the link to Google maps. If any one knows how to set it up so you don't have to type in location please do.

Kenny

http://maps.google.com
Hope to see some more Chordie sites.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: I've Been Every Where Man

Hmmmmmm, Places I have worked.
West Monroe, La.
Monroe, La.
New Orleans, La.
Houston, Tx.
Dallas, Tx.
Tulsa Ok.
Oklahoma City, Ok.
Wichita, Ks.
Denver, Co.
Aurora, Co.
Oracle, Az.
Tuscon, Az.
Phoenix, Ax.
San Diego, Ca.
Palmdale, Ca.
Palm Beach, Fl.
Hollywood, Fl.
Reviere Beach, Fl.
Miami, Fl.
Homestead, Fl.
Winter Gardens, Fl.
Orlando, Fl.
Memphis, Tenn.
Nashville, Tenn,
Atlanta, Ga.
Norcross, Ga.
Charlotte, NC.
Winston-Salam. NC
Raliegh, NC.
Charlston, SC
Columbia, SC.
White Plains, NY
Brooklyn, NY.
Carson City, Nv.
Knoxville, Tenn.
San Antonio, Tx.
Sherman, TX.
Beaumont. TX.
Columbus, OH.
Tacoma, WA.
Lincoln, NE.
Baltimore. MD.
Washington, DC.
Jacksonville. Fl.
Daytona Fl.
Ft. Myers, FL.
Lakeland, Fl.
West Palm Beach, Fl.
Shreveport, La.
Port St. Lucie, FL.
St Louis, Mo.
Lexington, KY.
Hartford, CT.

I may have missed a few but this is close.

Nela

^ Nela's been everywhere man - WOW big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hmmm! Places I've Worked

Charlson ND
Keene ND
Tioga ND
McGregor ND
Sidney Mt
Fairview Mt
Poplar Mt
Wolf Point Mt
Ritchey Mt
Williston ND
Fortuna ND
Rhame ND
Price Utah
Vernall Utah
Myton Utah
Craig Colo
Buffalo South Dak
Belfield ND
Jordan Mont
Casper Wy
Baggs Wy
Buffalo Wy
Sheridan Wy
Clearmont Wy
Spotted Horse Wy
Savageton Wy
Linch Wy
Ray ND
Killdeer ND
Alexander ND
Ross ND
Gillette Wy
Moorcroft Wy
Bahamas
Reno Nev
Orlando Fl
Alexandria Mn
New York Mills
Coure De lane ID
Branson Mo.
Thief River Falls Minneysota
Grand Forks ND
Fargo ND
Plentywood Mont
Scobey Mont

I aint been everywhere, but I been where the hoot owls chase the chickens:)

Later, Wayne P

I cant begin to type all the places I have been but I have covered all 50 states several times including Canada and Mexico I'm staying put lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Livorno, Italy
Stuttgart, Germany
Pisa, Italy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Taos, New Mexico
Woodstock, New York
Saugerties, New York
Kerhonkston, New York
Santa Cruz, California
San Jose California
Eureka, California
Arcata, California
Jupiter, Florida.
That's just the places I've lived. I've been every where and then some. Benefits of being a military brat and hitchhiking.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

Woodstock, New York
Saugerties, New York

Jupiter, Florida

That's just the places I've lived. I've been every where and then some. Benefits of being a military brat and hitchhiking.

Cool selso - I was raised in Hurley, NY (outside Kingston) Had friends / family in Saugerties and Woodstock. Beautiful Catskills.

I also spent a few years in Melbourne, Fl - Not too far from Jupiter.

Speaking of Melbourne, FL; one the major homes of Ross Perots' presidential campaign of '92. I was doing a triathalon at the time of the infestation of Ross' " I'm all ears" tour. Thought the people were there to watch the triathalon but instead they were doing their " march across the bridge" to promote Perot and his cause..... If my memory serves me correct I believe these followers of Ross Perot called themselves " the Perotians".......

Give everything but up.

^ LOL - the all ears tour. I don't know about all that, but I do know Melbourne was the birthplace of Jim Morrison - thats pretty cool.

Visited:
Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai, Thailand
Cabo, Puerta Vallarta and Mazatlan,  Mexico
Salt Lake City, Utah
L.A. Ca
Lived:
Churchill Falls, Labrador
All over the Maritimes in Eastern Canada, New Brunswick,  Nova Scotia, Newfoundland
Vancouver, BC
And finally ended up here, Calgary, AB

Those are some great places people have worked and lived!  Many I'd like to visit!  Cool.  wink Now we mainly head out to British Columbia in the West Kootenay Valley, Nakusp...small little place....gorgeous!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

topdown wrote:
selso wrote:

Woodstock, New York
Saugerties, New York

Jupiter, Florida

Cool selso - I was raised in Hurley, NY (outside Kingston) Had friends / family in Saugerties and Woodstock. Beautiful Catskills.

I also spent a few years in Melbourne, Fl - Not too far from Jupiter.

I had a girl friend from West Hurly and Woodstock. I loved it up there. We use to go cliff jumping in the summer. I love the music scene upstate. I saw more concerts in Albany then I ever did in NYC.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I have lived in the following places:

Hurricane UT 2005 -present
Tooele UT 1999 - 2004
Chunchon Korea 1998 - 1999
Tooele UT 1994 - 1998
Ktown Germany 1989 - 1994
Lexington KY 1986 - 1989
Panama 1983 - 1986
Savanna IL 1982 - 1983
Tooele UT 1981 - 1982
Savanna IL 1979 - 1981
Tooele UT 1972 - 1979
Ktown Germany 1971 - 1972
Ft Monmouth NJ 1970 - 1971
Klamath Falls OR 1969 - 1970
Presque Isle ME 1968 - 1969
Ktown Germany 1965 - 1968
Klamath Falls OR 1963 - 1965
Iraklion Crete 1961- 1963
Stanton TX 1958 - 1961
Laon France 1955 - 1958

Kind of unclear about the four years previous, but they include Wiesbaden Germany, Rome New York

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

When I was about fifteen, I was allowed to move into the attic bedroom from the one in the front of the house. 

Once I left home, I travelled a bit, but I am still jealous of those of you with a more worldly perspective.  I have only once spent the night outside the country, and in fact my entire international travel experience is going to Canada for a camping trip (the one time I overnighted outside the country) and another couple times for dinner.  My wife and I used to cross into Windsor, Ontario from Detroit, MI for dinner.  There was a pub there that we liked, and then we'd take a walk from the pub down to the waterfront park with a stop at an ice cream shop on the way.  It was very mellow and pleasant.  Some while later, I mentioned that we used to go to Windsor and then all the sudden the person gets a wicked grin and starts telling baudy stories of strippers.  Ends up there is a side to Windsor that I never knew existed let alone visited.  However, mention "going to Windsor" and people immediately think you're going to strip clubs.  Not my style.  Not even CLOSE to my style.  I just liked the strong, unpasteurized beer and the cheap ice cream. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Naked girls or unpasteurized beer and ice cream.....hmmmm. I'm not sure everyone's choice would be as noble.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Strong.  Strong, unpasteurized beer.  Plus, I really, really like ice cream. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'm with you on the ice cream thing....And that 1/2 gallon in my freezer never needs a pedicure!!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Beer and ice cream over stripper chicks???!!!!

I thought this was a site for musicians.

Stripper chicks rule! I support single Moms...(haha)

Give everything but up.

I spent four years on an aircraft carrier.  I've been around the world twice, but one stretch of water looks much like another, globally.  smile

Been on every continent except Antarctica, and I plan on fixing that.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

SouthPaw41L wrote:

I thought this was a site for musicians.

I'm an amateur musician. 

- Zurf

I've traveled to many of the States, but when I can, I love the Caribbean. I've been to--

St. Johns USVI, St.Thomas USVI, St Martin/St.Marteen Cozumel Mexico, Tortola BVI, Jamaica, The Caymans,  Puerto Rico, The Bahamas several times, Nassua and several out Islands.
I do love the Caribbean, longing to go back.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down