Topic: Highschool

Just starting high school and freshman orientation day was today...the school looks like a maze that Ronald McDonald walked through and waved his magic french fry and painted the walls. It's all purple and pink and yellow and red and blue...and very confusing. So anyways, they gave us our schedules, and mine is completely messed up.
I was supposed to be taking drawing 2 second semester, but i guess they decided to sign me up for web-page design..and then instead of "intro to fitness" (which I just want to get over with) they scheduled me for computer application, and that's not something I like..at all.

And I can't just call the school and tell them about it. I have to go to the office ans schedule an appointment with guidance to talk about, and then hope they fix things. And doing this will change my whole schedule.

Besides all this, I can't even open my locker because it's the confusing dial kind.

Has anyone else had these kind of experiences>?

I feel so stressed out right now by all this, everything is so confusing and complicated.

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

Re: Highschool

Hang in there Syd1994, life gets so much easier after High School "Just Kidding"

I remember high school as a freshman, it can be very overwhelming at times but, after awhile it gets easier to cope with the stress of everyday lifeas a high schooler. It can actually become one of the great experiances of your life if you let it. Good luck with your transition and I'm sure that some of our younger crowd on here "there are some" who are experiancing the same thing, just remember that every other Freshman feel just as you do, so don't let it rattle you to much.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi Syd1994. smile

As Cam says...take it one day at a time. I'm sure when you make new friends you'll find that they all felt the same way as you did and had similar difficulties. You definitely aren't alone here. High school will be finished before you know it so enjoy the times cause you'll only see high school once. big_smile

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Sounds like my first day of high school. I'd just take it all in stride. I couldn't get my locker open for the first 3 weeks, so I had to carry everything on my back. The second high school I went to didn't even have lockers. Forget about getting the classes I wanted, they just gave me what ever. My only suggestion: stay away from summer school!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

It looks to me that they have you in the classes that you need to be a success in society. Web page design and computer classes couldn't hurt. I only wish the school i went to nearly 20 years ago offered those things. My life would have been a little easier now.  Just hang in there you'll have it all down in stride in a few days on campus. Good luck with your studies.

I guess I should been more worried about subject and classes, instead I was worried about hot chicks and who had wheels and smoking in the alley across from the school. When we did get our lockers open we jammed them so we wouldn't have to fiddle with the combination.
We were not thugs or gang members but some folks called us hoods or hoodlums.

You will be fine in a couple days and everything will be cool and you will wonder why you were stressing out . It wouldn't hurt to let the chicks know you play guitar  smile

Later, Wayne P

Perpetually.  My last name begins with "Z".  I think whenever I'm in a procedure or process that my file is at the end and either the bureaucrats are tired, drunk, or both.  My school lost my file THREE TIMES.  I had NO classes whatsoever, no school, nothing.  Same school district the whole time.  My mother knew the district superintendant and got things straightened out each time, but how frustrating is that to be such a non-entity that even paper files forget who you are. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Get used to it, Syd.  That is the way life is going to be forever.  You will run into this kind of problem for the rest of your life.  Just look at it as a learning tool on how to cope with business, jobs or anything else you do in your life.  Good luck.  You'll get it straightened out.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

So go schedule an appointment with the counselor.

If this is as bad as your life ever gets, you've got it easy.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

wlbaye wrote:

I guess I should been more worried about subject and classes, instead I was worried about hot chicks and who had wheels and smoking in the alley across from the school. When we did get our lockers open we jammed them so we wouldn't have to fiddle with the combination.
We were not thugs or gang members but some folks called us hoods or hoodlums.

You will be fine in a couple days and everything will be cool and you will wonder why you were stressing out . It wouldn't hurt to let the chicks know you play guitar  smile

Sounds like we should have hung out!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat