Topic: Anything to help a solo Guitar player?

Hi, to al Chordins, I haven't been on the site too much latley as I have been working on my

Gutair playing, and my course with JamPlay. I have to say my playing is coming along fine,

(and I'm not bosting, I know I still have a lot to learn) and as a result I have been getting a

few gigs, something I would not have intertained a year ago,  I have a verry good

Electro Acoustic Guitar, a stage qualitly 100what Amp, two top class mics, a stright stand and

a boom stand, but when I play a gig I feel that I need some kind of backing for the solo Guitar,

Can anyone sugust anything I could buy that would let me have some sort of backing while

I'm playing. In a reasonable price range. I know South Paw gigs a lot I was wandering if he

had any advice.

Luck and Health to all!!!

Re: Anything to help a solo Guitar player?

Headcase,

I wouldn't be overly concerned with backing tracks. Just keep doing what you're doing. It sounds as if you're pleased with your progress. But, if you've got your heart and mind set on backing tracks( or equivalent) I would look into a looping pedal. Many musicians and devout fans of music frown upon the "band in a button" approach. With the looping pedal one is able to constuct a song right before the audiences' eyes. Some loop pedals have built in, pre-recorded drum beats as well ,but they come with a seperate volume controll and can be turned off or all of the waydown( haha, this is what I like to do). Just tryin' to keep it real for live performances. Boss and DigiTech make some real nice, affordable looping pedals, give 'em a look.....

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thanks SouthPaw, I thought you would have an ides or two.

Luck and health to all!!

For nothing more than inspiring you on stuff that you might not be trying a looper is very helpful.  I've found several songs came to me faster than would otherwise.  Plus it's good for solo practice.  Here's what got me interested.  Howie Day became a college music scene sensation showing these skills similar to KT Tunstall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmlr0Jc9hPQ

Steve