Topic: DVD burners??

Can anyone recommend some free dvd burning software?? There're loads of them on the net but I hate to just pick one and download without asking around a bit first smile  My PC came with the burner but no software and I have hundreds of videos of lessons and performances downloaded that I would love to burn to dvd so I don't always have to sit in front of the computer to practice with them... Any recommendations would be appreciated! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: DVD burners??

Are you completely SURE that it didn't come with any software?  If it is a "stock" pc and not custom made then it should have something in it.  It likely is in your list of programs starting with the name of the company that made it - rather than the name of the program.  Like my DVD creation software is made by "sonic" ... so when I go thru my programs I have to go to "sonic" first then get to the actual program to burn with.  It may not be obvious that it's dvd software.  You probably have something on there from Windows for creating and burning movies also.  Not sure about the free stuff out there.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

If it is using a version of Windows then it's sure to have Windows Movie Maker on it. Although this can limit the kind of movie file you are using.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

xilisoft video converter is a great program for changing the format of movie files.  If you're just using short clips, their free version will work on files that are less than 5 minutes long.  Of course, my computer is a few years old (as is the version of xilisoft I have on it) and not running Vista, so not sure about what is or isn't out there for Vista. 

I'm pretty sure that an upgrade DVD burner bought by itself (not pre-installed) even comes with some type of software.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

pix I used to use
SANTA DVD

or called somthing like that. I got it as a free download a few years ago. Not got it anymore though. But It was great for a lot of differnt formats.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending