Re: Complaint. sort of

Do you use Winamp?  I found this plug in some time ago called Easy Chords.

http://www.download3k.com/Install-Easy-Chords.html

Think there is an update/better version now, but you have to pay for that one. 

I'm just a newbie, but it's interesting to use it - basically it reads the selected mp3 and then plays it, displaying the chord to play.
May give some help?

AccoustikNoyz wrote:

Z
Hey.  I'm pretty sure you're talking about a bridge when you say "solo" so if I'm correct here's some more help.  Use the Chordie post on Deja Vu at this location:
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … ranspose=0

..except on right side of your screen select transpose -2 semitones.  Excuse me if you already knew this.  Not talking down just taking it one step at a time.    So then, you'll notice the intro AND the bridge don't "transpose".  So you have to change them yourself.  The into goes Em G Em G and the bridge/solo should now be C G D C G Em D G.

bridge/solo is just a few fast changes and a couple slow changes.  If you hold the 1st D and the last G twice as long as all the other chords and just keep a strumming pattern you should hear the familiar song.

You're gonna get it and it's gonna be a nice song!  Don't give up, it's nearly in reach.
Steve

Hey Z - Don't know how long I can leave this posted (depends on how much thrashing I get) but here's my attempt to break down the solo/bridge.  I really appreciate that I've almost learned the song thanks to your interest in it.   Good luck and let us know as you make progress. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cg4UDuqjA

Rock on,
Steve

That was really good Steve. I will definately give that a try. I watched the Fogerty video like 20 times again the other night. Man, it's really hard to pick up. I think I saw him do a pull off on the D, but I'm not gonna worry about it. I have the verse pretty much down. I will work on the bridge.

I'm glad I could help you learn to play this song.;) I've liked it since it came out 2004. Wow 5 years old already?!?!?!?

Really tho, thanks for getting in to this song to help me with it. It has been one of my top five to learn. You should do more lessons. I could totally learn from your vids.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Z
I don't think I wrote the strum correct on the last two or three chords but I think I played it close.  Glad you liked it and one day I think I'll be able to do the whole song as well.  Since you've got passion you'll definitely play that song better than an easy one you're not into.  Your thread seemed to hit on a lot of people's interest here so keep posting.
Steve

Thanks again Steve!!!!

So I'm good for now, but what about next time? Hint, Hint, somebody make me a vid lesson.

Devilcat, I downloaded the easy chords program. Awesome program. I tried it out on a couple different songs and it was a little off. Bad thing about the program is that it processes the real song. Not an acoustic only version. I guess I could transpose it all. But I'm really in the same boat. Chord chart but no strum pattern. I guess half is better that nothing. Then again I could just find the chord chart right here on Chordie.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!