Topic: Cajuny feel

You know what I mean.  Chugga chugga ching chugga chugga chugga ching.  Not REAL Cajun, but Cajun FEELING music. 

I'm working on Alan Jackson's Little Bitty in E.  It hangs on the E during the chugga chugga to B7 on ching and then back to E for chugga chugga chugga and then I do a pause after an upstroke to get the final ching. 

So, super easy right?  WRONG!  How do I get the sliding up feel on guitar that those Cajun fiddlers make seem so easy?  I've been doing hammer ons with both the A and D strings on the E and that's OK.  Then I tried hammering on just the G string.  Better. 

But getting to the B7 is trouble enough without actually trying to hammer anything anywhere.  So it just comes out strummy strummy strummy instead of chugga chugga ching. 

Either I need to figure out some way of hammering onto a B7 from an E or I need to hire a Cajun fiddle player to hang out in my basement until I feel like playing Little Bitty.  I don't think I can afford that, even though they do eat cheap my wife gets frustrated when they make alligator soap in her best pot. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Cajuny feel

Hey Zurf,

You reminded me of a time I was in New Orleans and was turned on to Beau Jocque the King of Cajun. His CD"s are awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgkAhZ3pRMw

Later, Wayne P

hmmm... way too new to really know what the heck you're talking about.  I'd hire the Cajun fiddler and buy your wife a new pot!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Zurf, nearly everyone I have watched play this song play it capo 2 in the key of D      with the D  A  A-7 and G chords.

Later, Wayne P

Wellllllllllll - that may have a little something to do with it.  I'll give that a try.  Just as soon as I remember where I put my capo...

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Oops ! Sorry Zurf it is still the Key of E   when you play it capo 2 in the D shape . Just alot easier for your fingers to walk around and the country sites I have been on play it capo 2.

Later, Wayne P

Using D shapes works well wlbaye.  Thanks for the good advice.  Plus, hammering onto an A7 is soooooooo much easier than hammering onto a B7. 

- Zurf