1 (edited by dino48 2009-09-26 04:30:23)

Topic: bb kings guitar

the other night we had a post on willie nelsons guitar ,Trigger as too where it should go when the end comes. I was thinking it would be interesting too see  where people think bb Kings guitar lucille should go when he is no longer with us. any Ideas out there?      dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: bb kings guitar

Wait till there gone first .

I agree with henryb I'm sure BB King has already made arrangments smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

While the sounds coming out of it are as distinctive as any music in any genre, I'm not sure Lucille the guitar has quite the distinctiveness as Trigger.  Trigger, and the red, white, and blue upside down strap along with it, are symbolic of Willie Nelson's music in a way few things represent concepts.

To answer the question, I think Lucille belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  BB King pretty much single handedly defined minor blues with that guitar. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just reading up on Lucille and found out that he named all his guitars Lucille, from the first one he almost lost in a fire, to every other one he has owned since.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i'll have it!

I'm the son of rage and love

All guitars BB King plays are Lucile.  So in that regard, it's different that Trigger. Trigger is a guitar. Lucile is a lot of guitars.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Cool.  So Lucille can be distributed.  One for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, one for the Smithsonian, and the rest for Bonedaddy.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Cool.  So Lucille can be distributed.  One for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, one for the Smithsonian, and the rest for Bonedaddy.

- Zurf

and what am I? Chopped liver?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

10 (edited by Zurf 2009-09-28 18:34:57)

selso wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

and what am I? Chopped liver?

My Gram used to say that women marry the men who ask them.  Bonedaddy spoke up and now you'll have to deal with him to get your Lucille.   (Don't worry about it.  I hear he keeps a key under the mat by the back door, and he'll never miss just one of them.)

- Zurf

edited to fix horrendous grammar

I've moved it now, thanks to you Zurf old buddy!  Now my family will have to knock
cool

bonedaddy wrote:

I've moved it now, thanks to you Zurf old buddy!  Now my family will have to knock
cool

Well, you better call me uncle

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

In the 80s there was a band from Glasgow called Love and Money. On the release of their 2nd album they toured with many artists including BB King. During this time, as far as I know, James Grant, the bands' singer and guitarist was given a guitar by BB King. Not a bad gift, eh?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

When Green Day got the guys out of the crowd for Operation Ivy at Milton Keynes, Billy Joe gave the kid the Gibson LP he played.  Jammy beggar!  The drummer got the drumsticks and the bassist got to crowd surf!

Guitar came out on top again I guess!

cool

Speaking of guitar gifts, I hear that Buck Owens used to give copies of his signature red, white, and blue guitar to people.  I think he played a custom Gibson, but Harmony produced a copy as well.  For some people he gave a signed Harmony.  To those who were particularly special to him, he gave a signed Gibson. 

- Big D

BB King's guitar will go to his museum in his hometown in Mississippi.

But, here's the secret about the guitar: It's defiant. It will never let you conquer it. The more that you get involved with it, the more you realize how little you know.
                 Les Paul  March 2007