Re: Picks Around the World

Just making a post to this thread so it don't get lost.

Nela

As an update I am still awaiting the mail man. The picks have taken a week or so to travel between you guys in America and Canada so I am having to be patient while they find their way to here in Portugal.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I just found this thread... very cool!  Have fun... and Roger you'd BETTER post some pics of those Picks to keep the rest of us alive here!!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Pics were posted on Sept 14/09 According to the postmaster it should take 10-14 days to travel across the ocean to Portugal. big_smile  Still a little time to go for arrival date. sad

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well Mr Postman has been quicker than anticipated and has paid me a visit today so I am up to my neck in guitar picks (a slight exaggeration smile). The choice is great and I have selected a cool matchbox set which was put in by Kenny (thanks my friend) and thrown in a selection of mine. Who will receive them next??????? I am now awaiting e-mail requests.

Roger

PS I will be unable to forward them on this week as I am working in my friend's music shop and cannot get to the post office.

I would love to get in on this action.  Do you think they'd fancy a trip back across the pond? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

82 (edited by KAP54 2009-09-22 20:32:21)

Phew-w-w-w-w-w....I'm real glad you got the pics Roger. smile
I was hoping  I didn't have a brainfart when I wrote down your address.

PS I'm glad you liked the pac-o-pics... I don't have a camera to take a pic of the pics...Do You?

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Here's a link to the updated map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … =h&z=3

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Zurf, and everyone else for that matter,

As I understand it once a participant has perused the posted pack of picks package and picked his preference he or she (in this case me) posts a message here. It is then up to whoever would like them next to e-mail that person privately with a mailing address so that they can be forwarded on. However it was Jeff's suggestion that the next recipient remains anonymous until they get the parcel (to add to the suspense and a good idea too), they will then post a messsage here saying they have it and invite others to e-mail them for it. And so it continues..............

Kenny I will see what I can do.

Roger

this is so cool,    curious to see the cost, 2 dollars and 21 cents for me. just curious.

badeye    too   cool

one caper after another

^ badeye - like I said, I got off cheap as I only had to send it across the same state. I had some old .42 cent stamps laying around (postage just increased in the US to .44) so I slapped 3 of them on there I think. I didn't get it weighed, just took a guess. A single stamp may have been enough. I guess we are doing our parts to keep the postal service in business.

For the folks who are watching and interested in receiving the package, it may be helpful for you to hit the "subscribe to this topic" on the bottom of the forum. That way you should get an email when this topic is updated and may give you an edge in getting it next. smile

Hey Tops, Do you think when my turn comes around I could throw in some thumb picks I have quite a variety, but it will make the package thicker. Seems like you have to buy every kind made before you can find the right one.

Later, Wayne P

OK there is already a new recipient lined up for the picks. They will be staying this side of the pond for now and going to the UK.

I see that it cost Kenny $3.90 to mail them from Canada to me in Portugal and I will let you know what it costs me when I get them mailed.

Roger

Can i be added to the list please ?

I know it would  be more expensive to send me the picks but id love to participate. I'd love to get that package from the heart of  the U S A. So when its gets back to kansas, i hope to be next in line.

Thank You"

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

wlbaye wrote:

Hey Tops, Do you think when my turn comes around I could throw in some thumb picks I have quite a variety, but it will make the package thicker. Seems like you have to buy every kind made before you can find the right one.

Shouldn't be a problem Wayne with the right padded envelope. I believe the thumb picks I've ordered were all sent that way. I imagine the envelope is a bit bigger that the one I started with, so thumb picks should fit fine.

I found that there was a pretty large selection of padded envelopes to choose from. I used the same size as was sent to me by Nela (approx 5" x 7" x 1/2" or so thick). The finger pics made out OK.  Lots more room for finger pics, more pics and friendly notes. If there isn't room you can upgrade to a larger envelope but I don't know how that would affect shipping.
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

This is really cool.
Who's next on the list? who's it being shipped to?

Hi Linus,

If you read through the thread you will see that the new recipient will not be revealed until they have the picks in their hands and they will announce it here. Then the first person to to send a private e-mail to them will be next.

So there is no list, you just have to keep an eye open and then e-mail swiftly when they reappear. Subscribing to the thread will ensure that you get a Chordie e-mail each time there is a new message posted.

Roger

OK I managed to get the picks posted today and I am told that they should take about a week to arrive at their destination. Fingers crossed that the post will not be delayed for any reason and anyone else wanting them please keep your eyes peeled next week for a message from the person who gets them.

The postage cost from here to the UK was €1.33. I already had a suitable jiffy bag so I do not know the cost of that.

Roger

Ok - it's been about a week since Roger stuck the pick pak in the mail, so the lucky recipient in the UK should be receiving them any day. If that person would drop me an email with their location and possibly a blurb about their town, I will work on updating the map. For others interested - Keep a lookout on this thread.

Hi Jeff,

The lady concerned is away for the weekend but I know that they were not received on Friday. There has been a postal dispute in the UK and that may be the cause of the delay.

Roger

returned last night and found the pick pak! yay! there are some fantastic ones here, i especially liked the thumb pick as it suits my style of strumming - first to email me gets it next!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

Updated map pic and link. Check out camdener's comment and photo about Camden Lock Market. Sounds like a great place to spend an afternoon.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2551/3984002959_264420852f.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gbv=2&am … =h&z=3

Cool map topdown!

Camdener, if'n that thumb pick was a white "Dunlop" it is possible that it came from my house, here in Louisiana. If it is or if it ain't - ENJOY!

Nela