Topic: Tuners & Electro acoustics?

Hiya all,
Am having a problem tuning my Vintage electro acoustic in using a inline Korg tuner, it seems like its not picking up,ave tried a different lead/new battery in both guitar & tuner ( its ok mic wise)
oh its ok inline on my tanglewood semi hollow too.  i usually use a clip on tuner  but thought ad better give it a good tune up

any ideas???

ps: plays fine to a Amp,so i dont think its the pick up?

cheers micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Tuners & Electro acoustics?

OK, this might sound stupid but do you have the volume up on the guitar?  I've made that mistake before...why the freak isn't this picking up!  Doh!  only to realize it wasn't turned up.  wink  Also, are you plugging in the guitar to the tuner?  You didn't say for sure....again when I'm tuning my Taylor it works best when it's plugged directly into the tuner, volume up!  Hope that helps.  wink

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

hiya raven long time no speaky lol ....yep volume up but maybe not full whack !! (pre amp) yep plugged in direct to Tuner only, no Amp connected,
Will try again with full volume.

thanks

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Hey Micky....yup been busy...nice to speaky to you too!  wink Good luck!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Not sure what the problem is... I've had it happen once or twice myself. It would do fine one day and the next, hardly nothing.   Why use the Korg though? The tuner built in the Zoom A2.1u is more accurate and easier to use IMO.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

The tuners have mikes to pick up sound so they don't have to be plugged in to tune your guitar. So if it is not working but a new korg they're around $ 15.00 to $20.00 ameican.

Good luck.
Bootlegger,
Bootlegger guitars.