Topic: Quote of the week thread.

Made me bust out laughing this did.

Quote.

I haven't figured out what they put all them frets on my guitars for I only need three, when I heard you folks talking of bar chords I thought they were Cowboy Chords you play in a bar.

Please add more.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Quote of the week thread.

From another guitar forum where we were discussing fried chicken, of all things smile

"The only way you can get better chicken than that is to be a rooster"

That tickled my funny bone smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I've always liked this one;

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

My favorite.

"Imagination was given man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor to console him for what he is."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

My latest addition to my collection:

"Without music, life would be a mistake."  --Friedrich Nietzsche

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

That Restaurant is so busy nobody goes there anymore!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I think you can think of a better phrase than that fish one soutpaw41L like, "If your a good gunslinger you dont have any enemies (alive) that was from the great movie "The Magnificent Seve" I love that movie do you guys?

sorry i forgot the n in seven

jokergtar wrote:

I think you can think of a better phrase than that fish one soutpaw41L like, "If your a good gunslinger you dont have any enemies (alive) that was from the great movie "The Magnificent Seve" I love that movie do you guys?

Are you familiar with the saying; " you mess with the bull you get the horns?"  just curious........................

Give everything but up.

"When you got a tough job to do , don't look ahead and complain about what you got to do, look behind and say,' look what I've already done.' never quit".....    badeye.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

jokergtar wrote:

I think you can think of a better phrase than that fish one soutpaw41L

Southpaw's fish quote is probably the best and funniest and truthful one so far here. I like this a lot.
your gun slinging one was good too though.

and one from Eric Bogle

" if wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets into the sea"

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

" A folk singer's job is to comfort disturbed people and disturb the comfortable"

Later, Wayne P

Some practical advice from my grandfather, that has non-literal application as well.  My grandfather walked everywhere, which is important to know to understand the advice.

"Never stop when going uphill."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Old Doll, I really knew what bar chords were. Honest I did, I really did wink     

Old Doll wrote:

Made me bust out laughing this did

Quote.

I haven't figured out what they put all them frets on my guitars for I only need three, when I heard you folks talking of bar chords I thought they were Cowboy Chords you play in a bar.

Please add more.

Old Doll.

Later, Wayne P

"Fall down seven times, get up eight."  --Japanese Proverb

I love quotes.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

I would have to disagree with that big_smile God is a huge and very fulfilling part of my life. Prayer can do amazing things.

Linusguitar wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

I would have to disagree with that big_smile God is a huge and very fulfilling part of my life. Prayer can do amazing things.

Good for you, well done and congrats on your beliefs, but do not bring folk down or disagree because they do not believe. I know you werent really. I just had a bible basher having a go at me for my great song " I am an atheist". I dont mind anyones religion, it seems to be religious folk that have something against fiolk that dont believe.

* note to any moderator of this section*
feel free to delete this if you feel it will start a load of guff. I just had to reply.

**Moderator's note: Ken, you may be an athiest but you have all the attributes of a true Christian (or Musllim, Hindu and any other recoginised region for that matter). You are kind, honest, faithful, generous and law abiding, OK maybe a bit outspoken at times but most of us love you for that smile.**

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

'He who asks is a fool for five minutes. But he who does not ask remains a fool forever.'

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

"So what I'm an Atheist.... Who are you to question how your God made me"   

Okay I had to post that one but, that's it, I'm going to stay out of the religous discussion (as much as I want to jump in wink ) I wish there was a place we could chat about this resonably though. I love these discussions if they are done intelligently and respectfully to all involved. But alas, this is not the place for it... We need an empty chat room for these things smile  I'm going to head over to Kens youtube page and see if I can lend some assistance lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I like this one....
I fear one day I’ll meet God, he’ll sneeze and I won’t know what to say
We all should have a sense of humour...
ark

"When I do good. I feel good, when I do bad, I feel bad, that is my religion".  -Abraham Lincoln-

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, then what is an empty desk a sign of?"  --Albert Einstein

arkady wrote:

I like this one....
I fear one day I’ll meet God, he’ll sneeze and I won’t know what to say
We all should have a sense of humour...
ark

LMAO!  "Now that's funny, I don't care who you are"

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.