Topic: AmpliTube 3 by IK Multimedia??

Hello.. any users of IK's amp modeling plugin, AmpliTube? Its a great plugin, especially for late night jams when u cant crank the good 'ol boy up! I just saw their website and it looks like there is a new release of a version 3 of one of their products. Im hoping for Amplitube!!!

linky: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/3teaser.php

Any other Amplitube users out there? Would love to share some presets on here? Is there a spot for that here?

-melon

Re: AmpliTube 3 by IK Multimedia??

Hi walklikeamelon, this looks like some really good software. I'd especially like to check out the ARC (Acoustic Room Control) software, but it's a bit out of my spending range. Thanks for the post,,,I had no idea that these types of vst effects existed.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

hey fatstrings.. no problem. Ik finally announced their new release and it wasnt AmpliTube but what is called T-racks. Their mastering plugin, which is kinda cool. I dont do any 'pro' mixing so its no biggie right now, but ya.. there is so much software out there now its crazy. Plugins like Amplitube give just about anyone the chance to make some solid recordings at home, with minimal cost. Tis no better time than now to be recording....  minus the economy of course, but thats a whole 'nother thread! sad

Is it safe to assume, your a bass player... fatstrings?? smile

melon

yes that would be a correct assumption, I do play a little bit of bass. Me and another dude(chordie name Riddler) jam together and we've jumped into home recording with both feet. We are always trying to get the best sound as possible with the equipment we've got, that's why I was interested in the software you posted. We recently started using a condenser mic, which is great, but it is so sensitive it picks up crickets churping outside the jam room smile .  The ARC software is what got my attention so that we might be able to get that "sound room" sound without a soundroom,,,,man that's confusing, but you get what I mean.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Walk my apologies,when you first posted this in the recording forum I visited the link page and was under the impression Amplitube was an effects unit for guitar so I moved it out of the recording section into this forum, after reading the additional posts I realized my mistake and I will request help in moving it back to where you first posted it as I am unable to shift topics in other forums but my own. again sorry for the mistake.Russell smile

walklikeamelon wrote:

hey fatstrings.. no problem. Ik finally announced their new release and it wasnt AmpliTube but what is called T-racks. Their mastering plugin, which is kinda cool. I dont do any 'pro' mixing so its no biggie right now, but ya.. there is so much software out there now its crazy. Plugins like Amplitube give just about anyone the chance to make some solid recordings at home, with minimal cost. Tis no better time than now to be recording....  minus the economy of course, but thats a whole 'nother thread! sad

melon

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Mean ole Russ  lol smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Walk my apologies,when you first posted this in the recording forum I visited the link page and was under the impression Amplitube was an effects unit for guitar so I moved it out of the recording section into this forum, after reading the additional posts I realized my mistake and I will request help in moving it back to where you first posted it as I am unable to shift topics in other forums but my own. again sorry for the mistake.Russell smile

walklikeamelon wrote:

melon

Hi Russ! No worries, been out of town and have not been back to visit in awhile. Guess it is old news now anyways... smile

- fatstrings.. u actually hear crickets where you live?! Man, you must not live in the city, I do, and I have not heard that sound forever! lol ..But ya, thats the whole reason I use AmpliTube, no outside interference in the mics and my neighbors dont come knocking at 2am either! What is the ARC software all about? I have seen it mentioned but not really sure..

melon

Hi walklikeamelon, ARC is one of the software packages that is available on the site you provided at the top of this thread under "products" at the bottom of the page. ARC stands for Acoustic Room Correction,,,I think. It would be great for recording and it looked real nice but like I stated, it is a bit to expensive for me $699.00 for the full version.

hey fatstrings.. ya, I finally took the time to read about it and it sounds cool, something I could use. Not sure if I can afford it now tho.. I thought you were using the ARC stuff, so I was curious on your thoughts..

Thanks anyways man!

melon

Hi,Any further updates on this thread? Hope to see more replies one of these days,especially feedbacks from the thread starter. Seems like this thread has been inactive for such a long time. Think topic should be closed.

Regards,
bratinell
Disque dur multimedia

dont worry about it some members like reading old topics smile

bratinell wrote:

Hi,Any further updates on this thread? Hope to see more replies one of these days,especially feedbacks from the thread starter. Seems like this thread has been inactive for such a long time. Think topic should be closed.

Regards,
bratinell
Disque dur multimedia

"Growing old is not for sissies"