Re: Quote of the week thread.

Keep the high balls low.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

To follow SouthPaw'a theme:

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, give him a rod and you will feed him forever.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he will go broke buying boats, 20 pocket vests, graphite rods, large arbor high capacity reels, and breathable waders only to sit idly and drink beer all day in the rain.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

yeah roger thats a really good one too.

quite a few good ones here.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

"Going to church no more makes you a christian than standing in a garage makes you a car."  --Garrison Keillor

"I am ready to meet my maker.  Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter."  --Winston Churchill

"In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing."  --Friedrich Nietzshe

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I really liked that one zurf,how true it is. I posted this one before,but I will again. I am an athiest I swear to god I am! (from a m.a. s. h. episode on tv ).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey Ark, ''bless you'' comes to mind. God definitely has a sense of humour, just look at the state of the world today. With due defference to the religious guys and gals.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

The state of the world today is not God's doing, but man.  That in no way points away from a divine sense of humor.  Rather than the state of the world, look at the duck-billed platypus. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

This one's from an old friend that drank way too much,

" It was midnight on the ocean not a streetcar in sight, there was old Satter and it rained all day that night."

Later, Wayne P

I realize this is an old thread but I had to comment. My grandpa once told me that " If we all liked the same thing, everyone would want to sleep with your grandma." I thought it was great.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

I realize this is an old thread but I had to comment. My grandpa once told me that " If we all liked the same thing, everyone would want to sleep with your grandma." I thought it was great.

Damn...that's good. Your grandpa was a wise man. Thanks for he laugh.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

That is a good one Selso. 

My momma had all sorts of crazy sayings I never understood.  If she was angry, she's say she was 'angry enough to spit cotton.'  I don't know about that.  If there were cotton in my mouth, I'd try and spit it out regardless of my mood.  If someone was surprised she would say, "he about..." Um, you know what.  I'll hit the pause control on that one.  And while my mother was absolutely faithful to my father, up until marriage she had rather different advice for us children.  "Dance with one while looking over his (or her, depending on the child) shoulder at the next."  Then again, when I did go to a dance her advice to me was "Leave with the one who brung you."  Which is weird because I was the one doing the bringing.  And she didn't even like that girl.  Sometimes her advice was hard to follow.  For instance, one time I went to help my uncle move.  She didn't want me sitting around slacking off and so she told me "Keep your elbows clean."  Well, I thought she meant to keep my elbows clean.  So on the way from Connecticut to Pennsylvania, after a lunch stop my uncle found me in the men's room washing my elbows because that's what momma told me to do.  He about... I'll hit the pause button again. 

Now my grandfather.  He had advice that contradicted itself.  His two most given pieces of advice, aside from "walk it off" were:
1. If it won't go, don't force it.
2. If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

I never did figure out when to use which piece of advice. 

- Zurf

Never argue with an idiot.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Never argue with an idiot.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Good one!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

"Never wrestle with a pig in the mud, you'll both get dirty, only the pig LIKES it!"

AMEN!!!

**Moderator's note: Ken, you may be an athiest but you have all the attributes of a true Christian (or Musllim, Hindu and any other recoginised region for that matter). You are kind, honest, faithful, generous and law abiding, OK maybe a bit outspoken at times but most of us love you for that smile.**

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

42 (edited by Riverdales 2009-10-15 18:27:57)

" If you can't beat'em, run'em over".

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

selso wrote:

pmsl,
Love that one Selso.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I was told the other day never to assume anything as it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Read this one today and really liked it.

"A man never stands taller than when he bends down to help a child"

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Beleive none of what you hear, and only half of what you see

badeye

one caper after another

"I've always considered the presence of lightening rods on most church steeples to show a lack of faith"

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

"Your opinion of me is none of my business"

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

"Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images."  --Jean Cocteau

50 (edited by RestlessSpirit 2009-10-15 22:10:05)

"Ignorance is neither blissful nor woeful, it is neutral.  It just means you have limitless possibilities for learning.  It is a very good place to start." - Allegra Taylor