Topic: How to change email address?

I am changing ISP and my email address will change (to my own domain so I never have to change email address again). Both accounts are working at the moment during change-over.
How do I update chordie with the new email address?
Do I make a new account and copy my songbooks to it, or is there an easier way?

Re: How to change email address?

Oops! I wasn't logged in. The option I need is under the Profile menu.

phew.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi
First I'd like to thank all of the editors and developers for this ingenious.  I've been coming for years and it's Great.

I'd like to add to this comment about changing emails since also changing my ISP and I am changing my email.

So for a futur update to the functionality of this site, may I suggest that that the programmers associates the user name link to their profile and that the profile link be placed so that it is accessible from anywhere on your site.  It took me a while to find it... and only after searching through this forum. smile

Many thanks,

Not that I am saying you are wrong but I tihnk the profile tab is quite easy to find where it is.
But maybe Per could make it easier as a few have had difficulties in locating "profile"
Maybe a big tab next to Artists,songs,books etc would be better to find?

Ken

hey theche,

Guess what?

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=31542

he is there.
Since his was the latest one to be put on I saw it straight away.

If you want to get in touch and he has allowed the option you can email him through chordie.
If he has not allowed this option then get in touch with a moderator, he might get in touch for you if you beg nicely,,,,,,,eh I mean ask nicely lol

Ken

When you change your email, as I just tried, it wants your old password and it has been so many years that I can't remember it.  What now?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I thought I would bring this forward because I am still looking for an answer to my email issue.  The email address I supplied when I first joined no longer exists.  when I try to change it under profile, i think, it asks for the old password, which i don't know.  Is there a way to change my email?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp - Please check under the profile menu - I do not believe you need to enter your password to change your profile. I also believe you can change your password under the same menu without entering the old one. (At least I can, but settings may be different for a moderator). If this doesn't work, email Per at admin@chordie.com with your desired info and I am sure he will fix you up.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks topdown.  I just tried again.  profile, change email address and I put in new email address and password and it comes up with "wrong old password".  I'll email per.

Hi Pete,

If you have not already e-mailed Per write to me and I will change it for you. Unfortunately my PC was down for a few weeks when you raised this issue and so I missed it

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"