Re: how old is every one?

bigdjindustriez wrote:

I'm 14...but as soon as you tell people that, you lose all credibility.  But thats ok.  Any other guitar players my age have msn or yahoo messenger that wanna talk about playing? hit me up

I am 57, but still play like I am 14. You could consider that statement either, humility or honesty, whichever you prefer. You can call me grandpa if you like. I just introduced my 16 year old daughter to the guitar. I gave her my old Ovation. She is a piano player but has long slender fingers just made for the guitar. I hope she continues with it.

Cripes, 40, going on 14....  According to my wife.

Holy Cow,

I'm 52 and just learning to play the guitar. But I am young at heart with a spontaneous spirit.

WD
ps. So I'm the old gieser ?

No, walterdziuba, you are not the ultimate geezer.
I'm 68 and still lack the good sense to knock it off.
Playing guitar, like sailing and motorcycling is way too much fun to give up as long as I have enough skill and humor to jumpstart a party or energy to haul booty without killing somebody.
I'll grow all the way up later (maybe).
toots wink

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I am 65, can't play the guitar or read music, but I do love this site.
I use my Yamaha PSR6000 keyboard to play auto chords and then I plug a microphone into it and sing away.
As the keyboard has many features including various vocal backings, it does make me sound pretty good.
I print out many of the songs with chords listed on Chordie and then use them to build up my repertoire.
So I do owe a big thank you to all you guys who upload these songs:D

Great stuff Johnboy,

Welcome to chordie. I was at a 75th birthday party the weekend
in Liverpool. The birthday girl danced and sang till 5 am. I asked her next day "how she has so much energy", She said" when God wants me home he will call me, of this i have no doubt ! In the meantime ill enjoy the life he gave me"
Simple but true dont you think ?.

Goodnight Johnboy lol or Goodmorning from a rainy Emerald Isle.

Ps . i'm only 19. [ Big Grins ]

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Im that old I can remember the last war, but the 60s,70s,80s, a great era, PS, never stop trying,my wife thinks I am mad. Nothing wrong with my Head & Fingers, just picking the intro to Muleskinner Blues not bad for an OAP. Best of luck to all you youngsters       lol

this thread is old, i am going to jam play and ask them to support chordie

we may never pass this way again.

oh ya i well saw led zepp in the 70's 3 times the first was 1975 and i was 16, so how old am i???

dearlpitts wrote:

oh ya i well saw led zepp in the 70's 3 times the first was 1975 and i was 16, so how old am i???

you are the same age as I.     how old am I ??     

badeye

one caper after another

will hit the big 55 tomarrow the 31st. we all can learn from each other-young and old.

Our intuitions serve us well

^ well Happy Birthday to you papaguitar!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

A great big joyous birthday to you pappaguitar.

Very apt name, as this was number one  the year you were born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Y-_-ZaOoU

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Happy Birthday, Papa.  Very clever Old Doll.  smile

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

165 (edited by arkady 2009-10-31 08:58:16)

Strange how threads run...
This post is well over 2 years old now.
Started by Ovation93 in April 2007 added to until May 2007 then disappeared for well over a year until resurrected by Goodbyebluesky in August 2008. The thread has been popular ever since.
Original contributors are now 2 years older.
Tempus fugit and all that.. :)
Thanks to all contributors to this thread..
ark

Thanks for the best wishes topdown,old doll,bensonp. Today I may have a cold one and sit in with a local band, after the little ghosts and goblins knock on the door of course.

Nearly forgot bensonp----- old doll is very clever.

I will be 52 in Feb 2010, but no one has ever accused me of being a grown up. Working in a sawmill since I was 18 has done a number on my fingers, but I'm still strumming and rocking( sort of) in Duncan B.C

50 until nov.11 well then add 1, playin for 35 yrs and seriously learnen about 2, jam play is really helping me bring it all together and my band can tell.

I am a mere 54 and still learning

171 (edited by jaxson50 2009-11-12 01:56:55)

I turn 59 on the 1st of December. Don't trust anyone under 30! er...40!!! It's hard to recall.

Hi everyone

I dont post often, but couldn't resist this one.

I'm 48 and have only been playing for 3 years. Great website and I really learn alot from everyone - thanks for all the posts.
I only wish I had taken up guitar while my Dad was still living - what could be better than father & son playing guitar together.

Thanks again

It may be a "rude question in the mundane world, being a musician is an ageless fraternity, at 57 I'm alot like you at 14, just broke up with my girlfriend, got the blues, re-inspired to play my guitar and stuff like that, There is a saying, a good artist borrows, a great artist steels! Enjoy the journey, mine is far from over as far as playing, I'm a professional drummer which just means I get paid for it, it dosent mean I'm better than the next guy. Bands and audiences are looking for a sound, it's sorta like food, you don't know why you like or dislike something, you just do. This is where the older guys give advice.... don't over play, don't compete with volume, be passionate and have fun. your ole pal Barry

illegitimi-non-Carborundum Latin for "Don't let the bastards grind you down"

52 going on 32 it seems... been playing bass since 49 and guitar last 8 months. Guitar's more fun... people recognise the tunes...

dabbled a bit with electric guitar back in my twenties... never really got the hang of it... wish I'd persevered though...

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

just turned 51 the11th and been playing 35 yrs,but am loving more than ever now.and just love how one can learn it all on the internet if one applies one self.