Topic: So I have this cold..

..and I've been off work since Monday, it's not a particularly bad cold but as I have asthma, any cough or cold goes straight to my chest.  I'm lucky enough to get full pay from my employer for sickness and as I work in a busy office they don't want me there until I'm 100% fit - Happy Days!

So since Monday I've been sitting on the rug, watching rubbish daytime TV (although Miami Ink is a secret fettish of mine) just strumming along to whatever takes my fancy, playing a few songs, searching the net for a few new songs, more strumming, followed by a massive coughing fit during which I see the lining of my lungs!

Anyway, I have this strange out of body experience (a bit over dramiatic I think) but as I'm playing a song with a Bm, I look down and it's really like the fingers I'm watching are not mine??? So I do a double take and look down again and it's the same feeling, particularly the ring and pinky finger!

Man that cough syrup is soo good!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Re: So I have this cold..

Yesterday the doctor told me I don't have pneumonia.  I've had a dry cough since I didn't have a heart attack a month ago.  Then I had a strong reaction to some mold and was all drippy for a week.  The drippiness went to post-nasal drippiness.  Apparantly the dry cough was a respiratory infection, and the additional irritation and existing weakness caused another infection to set in.  So my wife was finally sick and tired of hearing me cough and made an appointment with the doctor.  He told me that I don't have pneumonia, but I'm ripe for it. 

My favorite cough syrup is a shot of cold Southern Comfort.  With all the meds I'm on now, it'll be a while before I'll partake of that favorite.  No sense in upsetting the chemical apple cart that is my metabolism just now. 

Fortunately, I can work from home. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thats weird cause I was playing late into the night last night and I had the same sort of thing with my ring finger. It suddenly wasnt mine, and no matter what I couldnt move it I only wanted to lift it but it wouldnt budge, freaky stuff. Sad thing was the strongest thing I had had was coffee. So I went to bed.

Hi Zurf

Sorry to hear about your ills, how many days of sympathy did you get ? My wife has a very short tollerance to other peoples illness I usually get one or two days max then she thinks I am swinging the lead and if I am off work she dishes out jobs to do around the house. Sometimes it bettr for my health to be ill at work than resting at home!!!!

5 (edited by mekidsmom 2009-10-21 16:13:49)

I know the feeling!  I just came down with laryngitis yesterday (after taking care of sick kids and a sick husband all last week) and my head has been in a fog all day.  Although I feel cruddy... the "whooo" in my head is reminiscent of the "good ole days" ... and yeah, that night time cold medicine is good stuff!  LOL!

Zurf... let the leak be and stay out of the rain for a bit.  Ahhh... I hope you feel better soon.  A cold that turns into pnemonia is just being sick for WAY too long... chicken soup and rest!

Hope everyone feels better soon... thank god I can say we at least aren't spreading this around here on chordie (or are we?)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry to hear your not 100% Zurf. 

One of my son's rugby coaches (he's 30 and still plays) came down with pneumonia a few weeks ago, he was hospitalised for over a week but is now out and on the mend.

Take it easy fella!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

I have two grand daughters, one with pneumonia, one with Swine Flu, both have asthma.  One daughter with bronchitis and others starting to feel ill with something.  And a third grandaughter, 4 months old who's mother has bronchitis is presently well but right in the middle of it.  Gonna be a bad year I'm afraid.  And I am 300 miles away.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Wow bensonp - I hope that family's on the mend quick.  I'm worried about that 4 month old being around swine flu, but what can be done?  Nothing.   A baby's got to be taken care of by someone. 

Thanks for all the well-wishes. 

Get well soon to Crevs and mekidsmom.  Should have said that in the first post.  Sorry Crevs.  Got some whine going and forgot to be sympathetic to your illness. 

Wolfman, I got no sympathy.  I got a smack upside the head for keeping her awake at night.  (not really, I've got a great wife)(but I really didn't get any sympathy - just no smack either). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Try taking Manuka honey. Take it all year round.
Add it to cereal, smoothies, or plaster on toast. or just add to warm water at bedtime .
You will be all fit as fiddles in no time  lol

Ps . get well soon

http://ezinearticles.com/?Manuka-Honey- … id=2742036

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Pocket tazer Gun Gift.
Have a  good ole laugh all you ill people. This surely made me near bust myself. lol

Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the Missus. A guy who purchased his
lovely wife a pocket Tazer for their anniversary submitted this:
Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Gun Shop that sparked my interest..
The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little
something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt,
pocket/purse- sized tazer.
The effects of the tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button.
Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a
metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!!
Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and tazer in another.
The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5"long,
less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA
batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...
I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head sloped to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and ...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD .. . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE
...!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position,with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet both nipples on fire, My testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs!
The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a tazer, one note of caution: there is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor! A three second burst would be considered conservative!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently sh*te my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!

P.s... My Missus can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!

LOL, Old Doll.  We men just have to try it to know for sure.  Not the brightest bunch, are we?  I will not be getting my wife one under any circumstances. or else the next argument where she brings up everything bad I have ever done or said, I might find myself under the recliner or worse, lying on the floor next to the toilet with my pants around my ankles and the newspaper scattered all over the bathroom.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hahahahahahah Bensonp.

This begs the question "Why do men read in the bathroom when T.C.B [ Taking care of Business } lol

Im away to practise ! but not in the loo. lol

Old Doll.

Old Doll ,
   Are you trying to kill me ?? I had just taken a drink of my coffee when I read that he actually did it , and even though I knew , I knew , I knew , that he was gonna do it , I almost drowned ... If you can picture me running out of my office and stumbling around my shop with coffee coming out of my nose ....... Well , you get the picture .... Actually sounds like something that I might have done , L O L ..........
    Thanks , that was priceless ........
                                       Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Thanks Old Doll!  I actually had read that one before... but it didn't stop me from reading the ENTIRE thing again!  It IS a good one for sure!  It's just the kind of thing my husband would do.  Although I have to admit, he would have tried it on the cat first. 

As for manuka honey... I first heard about that a few years ago as there is a facial product line that has it as a main ingredient in a mask.  Yep, manuka mask.  It feels lovely on your face (warm) and the skin feels fantastic after!  It's also $100 (retail price) for a small jar!  Soooo... while I don't have any, I am enjoying some hot tea with regular old honey in it to try to scare away the laryngitis monster and find my voice again!

Thanks again for the laugh!  It brightened my morning!

lol G S E,

you should be writing in the poem section, you painted a very funny image  here.

Sorry lads, i need to give a recipe here.

Mekidsmom, a couple of teaspoons of apricot kernal oil added to some warmed manuka honey makes a perfect mask and cleanser.
Leaves the skin feeling soft and supple.
always test patch first.

Old Doll.

hmmm... I'm going to have to see if I can find some Manuka Honey around here somewhere.  It'll have to be cheaper than buying the facial product already made... plus... I can eat it!  LOL!  I'm sure I'll have to find it in a specialty store tho.  I'll keep my eyes open!  THANKS!!

And I agree... GSE had me laughing as much as the story!