Re: Quote of the week thread.

You cant go by the book if you dont know how to read it.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

You cant go by the book if you dont know how to read it.

Great for use with building inspectors!!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

"He who throws dirt, loses ground."  --Woody Paige

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Can i play Mother here. and chastise you.
RFA Colin, The F word is soooooooooooooooooooooo not allowed on this site.
Please delete.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

Can i play Mother here. and chastise you.
RFA Colin, The F word is soooooooooooooooooooooo not allowed on this site.
Please delete.

Old Doll.

Post deleted by me - RFA, I'm sure you meant no harm, but chordie is a family friendly site.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Indeed, keep it clean or keep it out.  Or at least learn to use an asterisk.  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Do not use the asterisk! It is the same as using the full word and will get deleted. The English language has far better and meaningful adjectives than profanities.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Do not use the asterisk! It is the same as using the full word and will get deleted. The English language has far better and meaningful adjectives than profanities.

Roger

I know, I was a being a little silly.  My apologies.

On beauty: "They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's a matter of taste. They say beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes way down to the bone. They say a picture  is worth a thousand words. And Helen of Troy launched a thousand ships. There are exotic  beauties. Hidden gems. Diamonds in the rough. The crown jewel. There are beauty queens. Ugly ducklings. Acquired tastes. Late-bloomers. Classic beauties. There are looks that kill.  Looks to die for. Looks that turn heads and looks that stop traffic. But looks aren't  everything. You can't judge a book by its cover. Cuz the prettier the face the dumber the  head. But could be, they're more than just a pretty face. For beauty comes in all shapes  and forms. And it's what's on the inside that really matters. For a thing of beauty is a  joy forever. But remember: The star that burns brightest burns briefest. And every rose has its thorn."
-T. Ishida

Don’t let short-term frustration make you feel that your life exists in just this volatile moment.

"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting."
- T.H. White

Don’t let short-term frustration make you feel that your life exists in just this volatile moment.

I agree with everyone here on the language, but on the other hand, I laughed all day, every time I thought about the quote.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

RFA Colin,

I didnt mean to sound like an old fuddy duddy here. I hear this word every day used here on this Island. I just wished you to know as a new member here it wasnt allowed on the forum.. Thats all.
Welcome to chordie.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

88 (edited by ozymandias 2009-11-07 19:35:53)

"I have no prejudices, I hate everybody equally."  --Woody Paige (Sports writer and pundit)

My new philosophy when I'm feeling those occasional bouts of Unsociableness.  ;-)

Something I was feeling after all the political telemarketers inundating us before our last election.   OY

There was a band playing with two guitarists - one playing lead and the other playing rhythm.
An audience member walked up to the stage and asked the rhythm player, "Why are the other guitar player's hands moving up and down the neck while your hands stay pretty much in the same place?"
The rhythm player replied, "He's looking for it. I already found it."

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

"Don't eat clowns..............they taste funny."  --Woody Paige (sports writer/pundit)

tubatooter1940 wrote:

There was a band playing with two guitarists - one playing lead and the other playing rhythm.
An audience member walked up to the stage and asked the rhythm player, "Why are the other guitar player's hands moving up and down the neck while your hands stay pretty much in the same place?"
The rhythm player replied, "He's looking for it. I already found it."

Don't screw with the rhythm section.  Except the drummer.  By all means, screw with him.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Back to the fish
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will have a good hobby
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin