1 (edited by KAP54 2009-10-23 17:28:53)

Topic: Bringing up an old thread

I thought I would bring this thread back up for two reasons.
(1) Christmas is coming and along with Christmas comes partying that includes drinking. Please don't drink and drive, for your sake and the others on the road. It is not worth it. It's to easy to make a mistake that will change your life and or others forever. Call a "cab" or "Keys Please" and enjoy the holidays.
(2) Well the road was long and the journey was nerve racking but my day in court for DUI was today and the verdict is...............................................................NOT GUILTY.
Thank the Lord I can Breath Again. My anxiety disorder did not make this journey any easier (the last two months were hell for me and I started smoking again but I'll remedy that real soon) Anyways a load has been lifted and I can now think a little clearer. Thanks for all the support on the original post, I am gonna hunt it down and post the link for those that haven't read it cause there is some good discussion there and of course........Christmas is coming. smile

Kenny

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8794

Merry Early Christmas All

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Bringing up an old thread

Hi Kenny
I didn't know you've had this hanging over you for so long must have been real hard on you..
Glad to hear the verdict went your way.
ark

kenny glad things worked out ok I had to quit drinking a few years ago and smoking but I remember a few times when I was very lucky and things could have really gone bad had I been pulled over or worse caused an accident good advice especially around the holiday times smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Kenny,

I am so pleased that your day in court went well. The long wait is enough to give anyone an anxiety disorder and start them smoking but I hope you can relax now and get back to normal.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Guys big_smile
As the judge said to me at the end of it all.....You dodged a bullet Mr Peters.

Don't I know it. roll

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Im Pleased for you my krazy canuk friend.

Go celebrate, but please dont take your car.
You have the makings of another song here in this experience..

Wallow in the peace you feel.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Glad to hear that things worked out well for you in the end.  WHEW!  Interesting thread that you brought up there.  Personally, I gave up drinking and driving a long time ago.  Thank GOD I never harmed anyone or myself.   I actually can see a bar from my window (VERY small town but we do have a bar and a corner store) so, I'm close enough to walk home.  The police stopped my husband and I a couple weeks ago on our walk home, but they were thrilled to find that we were walking after drinking and smiled and waved!  If we're going to a friend's party, we bring the tent, a DD, or don't go!  Here in NY State... we have had a cell phone law for a while.  The police tho (interestingly enough) are allowed to talk on cell phones while driving.  They're working on incorporating texting into the cell phone ban as well.  AND... our school busses do have seat belts as well as 4 child seats for the kids under 4 that go to pre-kindergarten.  NY loves laws... I guess it helps to keep us all safer in the end.  The newest law we have now is that ALL children under 7 (or so many pounds) MUST be in a child booster seat... our school busses do NOT have booster seats for all the kids under 7 however!  LOL!  Can you imagine?  TAX HIKE!  Yeah, there are reasons NY State has very high taxes and it's not ALL to support NYC!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks Lena, My celebration will be sitting in front of the tube with a nice cup of hot chocolate and there is definitely a song in the mix. smile

Hi mekidsmom. Yup I sure sweated off a few pounds but I don't suggest it for those that want to diet. lol They ought to make a law about laws. It seems we have them but they're only enforced on the middle class...or so it seems.
I watched the vid with your daughter,she's a sweety.looking forwards to more.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Kap ,
   Glad that you dodged that bullet ...
   In my younger days , I thought nothing of closing a bar and hopping in my truck and driving home ... Somebody up there had to be looking out for me and everyone else on the road all those times , since I never had a DUI or hurt anyone ... I should have been locked up and had the key thrown away ... Now we still like our beer , but many years ago , my wife and I decided that if we go to a party or any kind of get together , and we have to drive home , we decide in advance who gets to have a beer or two and then the other does'nt ... That has worked out very well for us ...
                                Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Thanks GSE
Me Glad too  big_smile: I was wearing my lucky underwear for a whole year since the first remand and I was in dire need of a change. lol

Christmas is Coming Ho Ho Ho!!!

Please don't Drink and Drive. big_smile:

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)