Topic: Maya Guitars ?

Has anyone heard of these ?? I was playing a party up by Devils Lake , ND solo about a month and a half ago , and this gal that was there said she had a guitar that she wanted to sell ... It was a Maya ( Japanese made ) accoustic that she had bought new in the seventies in an excellent quality hard shell case ... It was in very nice shape , but I did'nt really need the guitar , although it was a concert size which has always been my choice in accoustics ... I made her an offer of forty bucks thinking I would use the case for one of my " good " guitars ... Well we settled on fifty and I brought it home ... After a couple adjustments and tuning , that thing plays and sounds like a million bucks ... Definately worth a lot more than I paid for it ... Just goes to show I guess ...
                                  Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Maya Guitars ?

Hi G S E,

I myself don't know anything about that guitar, but I did find this, so whatever model you have I hope is there.

Cam            http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi … brand/Maya

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Thanks Cam ,
    Interesting reading those reviews ... I always forget about Harmony Central ... Thanks again ...
                                       Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

No problem, glad I  could help!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hey Jerry, Congrats on a great find! Maya made a lot of martin copies back in the lawsuit era (70's). They seem to have a good reputation and people speak highly of them. They moved (I believe) most of their production to Korea in the early 80's and maintained a following for a couple of years after but seem to have faded away since. The've been rumored to be related to early Ibanez and/or Tokai guitar companies. Either way, they seem to be great guitars and an excellent find at $50 smile Hope you enjoy her!  BTW, You do know pics are required with these kind of posts...Right smile -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey Pix ,
   Since you mentioned it , this Maya does look just like the Martin auditorium size guitars ... If you were'nt close enough to read the headstock logo , you'd think it was a Martin ...
    About the pics , if I ever figure out how to post them , you'll see pics of all nine of my guitars and all eight fiddles , L O L ...
                               Jerry