1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2009-10-26 17:14:01)

Topic: how to play an instrument you adore---> & PROBLEMS

We all have seen people born = CONGENITAL or ACCIDENTS who miss a bodypart(s)on TV, in shows, amazing and brave like loss of your arms and they even are able to do laundry, repairing clothes...
-1) CONGENITAL: YOU ARE BORN WITH A HANDICAP, blind, "malformation of legs and arms.
-2) ACQUIRED: same problem BUT caused by accident or disease.
THE THREAD IS OR I HOPE IT WILL BE A POSITIVE APPROACH "never give up, your life doesn't stop, it ain't always easy, but think about the things The Lord has given to us

WHAT IS THE BIG DIFFERENCE: It takes a lot of courage to start over your life, because 2) knows what it is to have all functions, anyway it is dramatic.
Being a doc, I saw a lot, I have a medical file 1000 pages, and I swear the last 9 years weren't easy: personal, relation, finances, the whole 9 yards.
Glad to inform that with a lot of character, a positive mentality and a lot of friends here on chordie did give me PRICELESS ADVISE.
So I feel good (DR. FEELGOOD), I am a lot more open, "materialistic" is no longer an option, day by day, and I leave for New Zealand next week, I do enjoy AGAIN life, and the best way to tell this: FINISHED BEING A "WILLOW" but head up and smile "POPLAR"

Despite all changes, I am still struggling to play guitar.  So much tunes, and no way to play. Indeed I wrote about a tennis elbow, but my in case it is the other site of the elbow (golf-elbow) resulting in 2.5 fingers (thumb index and half my mid finger) refusing to do their job, even driving is more difficult AND THERE AIN'T NO CURE FOR THIS SUMMERTIME BLUES. It is weird: happy, but sad everytime I try to play. Since I used every possible "classic" medication, I can only hope that when I'm down under and avoiding to use my left arm it will heal.
IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL /MUSIC PROBLEM, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME (and it's for free :d)
LOVE YA ALL

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: how to play an instrument you adore---> & PROBLEMS

Doc... you are truly blessed... to be able to SEE things from this angle rather than living life inside that "willow" ... peace be with you!  I do hope when you return from your trip, that you are able to "pick up that guitar and play, just like yesterday"

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry to hear about your issues.  I do know that your positive attitude is a step in the right direction.  And with perseverance I know you will get where you want to go.  Handicaps and illness make the fight more difficult, but not impossible.  Wishing you well and the very best of luck to you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Have a great vacation Doc....they say it's beautiful there though I've never been. Be sure to check in when you get back

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Get one of those New Zealand aboriginals to whack your elbow with some voodoo.  If you can't find someone to do that, then just keep your chin up and plug along.  I expect you'll get it worked out.  The study of body mechanics and understanding the effects of injury has been coming a long way recently.  Perhaps your solution isn't medicinal, but mechanical.  As in body mechanics. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude