Topic: Motor Home !!!

Hi All ,
   Wife and I bought an older motor home this last spring to use when my band plays out of town or at local parties ( so we don't have to drive after we've had a few ) , and we've really enjoyed it ... Thinking about buying a newer one next spring and seeing some of this country ( wife has'nt seen much ) ... She says that she'd like to see out west and maybe as far south as Nashville , and just wondering if we could get in touch with some other Chordies ... Maybe do some playing and have a few ... At least two of my guitars would be coming along and my sound system ... Seems like great fun ... I'm not all that good , but we have great fun with it ...
Let me know .....
                             Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Motor Home !!!

Jerry - If you venture a little east of Nashville, you and your motor home are welcome to spend a weekend in my driveway anytime.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Top ,
   Thank you very much ... Reading your posts , it always seemed to me that you would have a lot to offer musically ... Will let you know  if this works ... Thanks again .............
                                 Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Sounds like a great plan Jerry! I've always told my wife that that's how I want to spend my retirement smile Just traveling in a motor home going from music festival to music festival all over the country wink I bought a pull behind a few years ago with a slide out room and such but man that things just too heavy to pull (1200 pound tongue weight) so I parked it at the river. It makes a nice little fishing retreat...  Of course if you head down toward tops, I'm only a couple hours away on the coast and would love to extend a warm welcome to you and the misses as well.   All the best and I hope it works out for ya! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks Pix ,
    We're not " retired " , ( I'll be retired when they put me in the ground ) , just semi ... But we know how to have fun !! And that means music and beer ... Would love to get together ... Who knows what God has in mind for us , L O L ...
                                   Jerry

hello  G S E,nice to here you got yourself a new toy sounds like a real freedom machine,wish I could buy one now. Well if you ever do make it as far as california it would be nice to meet and spend some time having a few beers and playing some music with you. I am located about seventy miles south of san francisco, (los banos ca ) .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

If you, your Missus and your Winniebago venture a few thousand miles east of New York, then you're more than welcome to give me a shout and I'll buy you a pint fella.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

Heya Jerry,

You should consider visiting Wyoming,  a date to put on your calender for a real laid back great time of jammin for 3 days.
The Bighorn Mountain Festival in Buffalo Wyoming. I also think Tops and Pix need to take a look at it too. It is a small venue but great talent and lots of jammin.

http://www.bighornmountainfestival.com/

Later, Wayne P

Dont know how far west your going, but if you get to New Mexico, hit me up!!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Don't got no fancy motor home but I do have a real nice travel trailor. I know that that RV parks are scattered all across this country and most have a pavillion or 2 just waiting for a group of musicians to set up and play. (We have been asked to do this a couple of times at a State Park near us). Just as a suggestion, why not get a few of us together (via internet) and get some kinda planned "get together" ready for next summer? I'm located in Louisiana so, with a little help, I could begin setting up something  for the "South Central" area. Whatta ya'll think about what I'ma thinking about?

Nela

Hey NELA ,
   That's a great idea ... Have to see what we can do with that ...
                                        Jerry

A fishing site I frequent sets up "rodeos", which are nothing more than a couple of guys figuring out when and where they're going to camp and opening it up for others.  They rent a block of spaces at a campground, or in a few instances of popular events the entire campground, and have at it for a few days or a week of fishing, paddling, boating, and campfire music.  Some may choose to have an adult beverage... 

Anyway, it would be great fun to do something like that for Chordie.  Jets60 and I have talked of it, but neither of us have the free time to pull it off at present.  Still, it would be fun.  There are bluegrass festivals at campgrounds all around the mid-Atlantic.  Even if we don't pull off a singular Chordie event, it may be fun to get a block of campsites at a bluegrass festival or twelve and have our own fun around the campfire. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm located in Northeast Louisiana and am not sure just how many members there would be in a reasonable driving distance to a central meeting point. My guess would be to pick out regions (north, east, west and south) then choose a location central to that region and establish that as a meeting point. From there we could then send out feelers to members within those regions and find out who would be interested.  As an example the South Central region could be East Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Alabama. (may have omitted a state or 2) From here we could establish a small group of folks to pick a central point, make arrangements at a campground and get things set up. Who's in?

Nela