Topic: holloween?

Hi ,I was just wondering what  some of the other members were doing on holloween night,myself I have set up an amp,with my synthisizer next to the front walkway and will be giving out some spooky cheep thrills and candy too the kids,I really get a kick out of the kids getting a little scared and then laughing. I am also wondering how people in the other countries do holloween. have a good and safe one!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: holloween?

We're having a party tomorrow night - costumes optional. Some very good old friends I haven't seen in 9 or 10 years are visiting. I am very much looking forward to seeing them. The house is decorated, I have a spooky sounds CD loaded on my iPod that will play on the front porch.

A few years ago, I made a coffin out of plywood and placed it next to the front walkway.  I lied in it with a Dracula costume on and scared the crap out of kids coming up for trick or treat. I felt really bad for one little girl who ran away crying and screaming to her father..I ripped my mask off chasing after her and gave her about 1/2 the bowl of candy. I hope she recovered from that.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I used to set up my P.A. system up on the front porch and run it loud with max reverb. My maniac son Jamie, dressed as "The Prince of Darkness", has a big booming voice and no mercy for the poor hapless young ones. Only 20% of them have the guts to make it up to the porch to get their candy.
The rest run screaming away. One kid my son yelled at, ran to his car and locked his mom out.
Jamie stopped when his son, Casey, was born.
Good thing because the huge crowds he drew gobbled up hundreds of dollars worth of candy.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

When my kids get too big to go out door to door, I'll have a spooky porch.  I don't know why I love halloween so much, but I do.  I get dressed up with the kids and take them out.  My hubby and I used to get dressed up and go out to th bars for the costume parties... but that was when we only had my son and he was generally at his father's house (my ex) on the night we went out.  Now we have kids here all the time.  I did win $100 prize one year for best costume at the little bar down the road... maybe that's why I like halloween so much!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

A few years ago my wife and friends went out to a local bar for a costume party. I told them to go and have a good time I was just gonna stay home. I had bought a Elvis wig and Shades a few weeks prior. I dyed my grey hair so it wasn't sticking out beneath the wig and went to my sister's to borrow my father's old Harmony guitar and used a long pink shoe string for a guitar strap. Put on my black attire with a black motorcycle jacket with a sequined scarf and one of my wife's gold necklace's and crashed the party:)

Song of the night,      " That's alright Moma"

Line of the Night         " Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Very Much"

It was one of my more memorable Halloweens,:)

Later, Wayne P

6 (edited by lilwing 2009-10-31 14:59:37)

My halloween has two firsts:
    I'm carving a pumpkin with my boyfriend for the very first time ever big_smile (my very first to time to carve a pumpkin, not just with my boyfriend). I'm ridiculously excited. We're also having friends over to eat spaghetti and pass out candy to all the kids in the neighborhood, which is always fun since most of them know us- one of our church ladies picks kids up out here for children's church, where I'm an assistant, so its always cool to be able to see all their little costumes and do something with them outside of church.
I'm an afterschool caregiver at St. Paul's Early Childhood Center, so yesterday was my other big event. We did mummy races with toilet paper and made a MASSIVE mess, and the kids made spider webs out of yarn and ghosts out of tissues and ate lots of cookies and cupcakes, so we had alot of fun. Its my first halloween on the job, so I'm a little proud of myself for pulling the party off

I'll be doing the usual... I always dress up as an old hobo and the wife dresses in her hippie clothes (not that unusual for her). We fill the guitar case with candy and sit on the front patio playing and handing it out... A few friends are supposed to join in this year for a little cook out and front porch playing but we may get rained out.... Have to wait and see if it clears out in time smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

8 (edited by Old Doll 2009-10-31 21:27:57)

My doorbell is gettin quiet now, its 8pm Here. Small kids start calling about 4.  Love the costumes  they have. The sweetest was  a 2 year old Girl dressed as a lady bird.
Sweets and chocolate [ candy } is what we give here.
I also make some sticky toffee apples which always go down a real treat with kids.
I decorate with  halloween lights and candles, as many as possible.
some ghoulish masks, including my own lol I take some photos of the wee ones [ parents permission ].  I love this time of year.

At this stage im trying to calm my dogs. Ben is frothing from the mouth with nerves, Lady must be goin deaf as she is asleep with her head stuck in under the radiator lol not a care in the world.

As for Mise [me ] Sláinte to all of you as i tip a mojito to you .

Happy Halloween to all.

Old Doll.

Dino !  i dressed up for you all lol Im away to party now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Mq … directlink

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I helped the neighborhood kids carve pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns.  Later, I was part of a parade float promoting my neighbors business.  Then I went to a party where I supervised over-sugared, over-tired kids while the rest of the adults drank a few cocktails and visited.  The minute I'd turn my back some portion of the kids would make some other portion of the kids cry.  My turn in the barrell.  Next time, someone else will get kid duty.  It's how we do it.  Not usually a planned thing, but it works out pretty well most times. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

wow lots of good creative fun going on out there,I almost ran out of candy!! I am glad you replied old doll as I was wondering if people in othercountries do observe it,as I think about it it was most likely to have its beginnings in europe.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman