Topic: sore fingers

hey all

any remedies for sore fingers after a long playing session, i am teaching myself lead and this morning i tried to play a little and my fingers are tender even with the several layers of callouses

will vinegar help??   heh heh

your thoughts folks!!!

Re: sore fingers

Try soaking your fingertips in Surgical Spirit. Ballet dancers use this as a way of hardening their feet against their 'points' shoes.

If your fingers are tender even under callouses, then it's time to give them a rest - seriously. They shouldn't need any help to harden. Give them a break and they'll heal harder anyway. Pushing it may end up with it just getting worse.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

will try the spirits

and yes i need to rest them too 

shot guys smile

For years I've kept my nails trimmed as short as possible. Lately I've realised that if they are about 1/16 of an inch they actually add support to the fleshy tip of the finger. Where do you find surgical spirits?

hey cliffordkillian, i agree with stransongs and rest them. if needed i know of lead players that have done the super glue and clear nail polish tricks and hear they work but luckily i have'nt tried.

Our intuitions serve us well

I agree with papa, and i have heard that the glue and fingernail polish works well!

Ben <>< smile

The world is only going to get worse!