Topic: can someone post this? i dont know how

Gord Bamford - Little Guy

**The posting of copyright material directly on Chordie is illegal and not allowed. I have therefore deleted the song** Roger

Re: can someone post this? i dont know how

Dude - You can't post copyrighted songs here. Please remove immediately and read this sticky message.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4613

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

so how do songs get posted then?

here's a current topic discussing that:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13366

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

szmeretzky wrote:

so how do songs get posted then?

They don't. Chordie does not host songs. No songs are posted on chordie. Chordie works like a search engine and finds songs on OTHER SITES and then displays them in a new format.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

well that's what i did and they deleted it

So, your actually promoting people to go use other websites??? Why?... and i'm not trying to be sarcastic but doesn't that seem odd?

szmeretzky, it's all about the law.  It is illegal to post lyrics and such to copyright material.  Just like it's illegal to copy information that you find in an encyclopedia without quoting the source.  Chordie is a search engine that finds the material elsewhere, quotes it, and changes the format (chodpro) to look all pretty for you to print out and transpose.  Other sites have the information, Chordie indexes it and puts it in a nice easy to find location ... search by song name, by artist name, save it for later, etc.  How do those other sites do it then if it's illegal?  I don't know for sure... maybe they have a deal with the copyright owners who knows... maybe a lot of them are getting shut down on a regular basis after legal battles.  Take a look at some of the other sites and you'll find that the way Chordie indexes the songs, makes them savable, transpose, etc... and you'll probably find like many of us have that Chordie's indexing system is just better than the way other sites are arragnged. 

So, yes if you want to post a copyright song you do have to do that elsewhere.  If you have an original song, you can post that on the forums.  If you want to find chords to songs, save them, print them, etc... then Chordie is a great place for that.  Honestly, my husband was getting the info from other sites that actually host the info... then I got into guitar and found Chordie.  He saw my printouts and was jealous.  They just look better, and I came across better versions of songs far easier by using this site than he did by using google!

I hope that explains it a bit better for you.  Chordie isn't suggesting that other sites are better and you should go elsewhere... just that this is an indexing site, a search engine of chords and tab.  Go to other sites to post copyright material, then come back here to find it in an organized, printable, saveable fashion... and visit the forums to talk to nice people about it all!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

but i wasn't telling everyone that this my material but that Gord Bamford wrote this song and i'd like it posted.
"Just like it's illegal to copy information that you find in an encyclopedia without quoting the source." just like you wrote this. I just copied and pasted it.
Kinda like a musician playing a song at a bar or on stage, oh let's say "stairway to heaven" and not saying this is a Led Zepplin song. That's illegal???
If I said that I copied this song from www.countrytabs.com would it be ok then?
I know you're rolling your eyes and saying  "just kick this guy off our site". Please don't I enjoy as much as you but am just trying to have a conversation.

Hi szmeretzky
Sorry but Chordie due to copyright laws is not allowed to host lyrics on the forum from any song which is not owned by the poster.
Even if the poster stated where he got the song from.
This is just Chordie rules which applies to eveyone and keeps this great site out of trouble...
Hope this helps and Welcome to Chordie
ark

So, out of all the thousands of songs that have been posted the actual songwriter posted it in here?

szmeretzky wrote:

So, out of all the thousands of songs that have been posted the actual songwriter posted it in here?

NO!!
and it looks like you have not read the resources to find out how chordie works.

If you do not understand this then i suggest you seek help elsewhere.

someone, anyone puts a song on another site i.e. ultimateguitar.com. Chordie working as a search engine gets the song from that site and transforms it to look the way it does on chordie. The song is not hosted here as it is not origianlly posted directly onto this site.
If you click on any song you can click on another box to find where it came from origianlly. You will probably find it is not done in the same format as chordie displays it in. this is what makes chordie good, and in my opinion, better.

If you think 2 why not just go to the original place the song was originally posted" you can  but it wont look the same and they might not have a great forum like here, thats if the other site has a forum at all.

Hope that explains it to you, if not then i would say go read the resources on choride and learnhow chordie started and what it is.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

OK then
can someone go to countrytabs.com and get the song by gord bamford "little guy" and change it and then put it on here for me please?

lol
yer not going to give up and read things are you?
lol

OK, I will tell you how to do this.

In resources ( yes that option again) there is a part that tells you how to add a song to chordie's index.
You can go to the song in the original site and copy the address and paste it into where chordie asks you to ADD SONG.

it might take a day or two or even a week to get on choride as the webmaster and creator of all chordie things can be busy as he has believe it or not. has got another life other than chordie. HE does his best and I tihnk as well as most others he does a grand job.

Ken

Okay szmeretzky,
  You have to sign up to view the tabs on Countrytab, so I didn't grab that one but I found it here http://www.allcountrytabs.com/tabs/bamf … 15847.html  I've added it to the database. Give it some time (I don't know how long) and it should show up in our index... -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

aaaw pix,
you are really nice. I am nice too but not that nice to go to another website and find a song to add it here, especially when i dont know it

well done

see szm, feindly bunch o folk here. No wonder I have decided this is the best forum on the internet

Ken

Guitarpix
Thank you so much
By the way, you guys are all ok.
Now what are we gunna argue about?????
lol