Topic: Songs you thought you would never do....

I have not created a thread in quite a while then all of a sudden BOOM IDEA comes to head without thinking of it.

A few songs i do that i thought i would never do are:

Waterloo by abba ( this is alvees fault but what a great song to do)

Running bear by ??????? no idea but stiff little fingers done a version but i do not do their version of it, what a song..

anyone do something out of the ordinary for their kind of genre of music taste?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Songs you thought you would never do....

Define "do"  :0

I attempt Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue, despite having always hated the lyric "tangled up in blue" because it makes no sense.  It's a good story despite the goofy lyric and is fun to play with all those A to Asus, which sounds really good and is so incredibly easy to do. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey Zurf , yes what a song about one mans life !! Brilliant song and I play it all the time ..I guess I can relate to it pretty well...Tangled up in blue ? Well I guess he means his life had the blues woven thru it..  sad times and he was tangled up in them..

Zurf wrote:

I attempt Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue, despite having always hated the lyric "tangled up in blue" because it makes no sense.  It's a good story despite the goofy lyric and is fun to play with all those A to Asus, which sounds really good and is so incredibly easy to do. 

- Zurf

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

In the 70's my bar band managed to avoid learning
"Shake Your Booty" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band until a gig at the Ramada Inn South in Montgomery, Alabama. The gay bar manager insisted on us playing that horrible song for a wet tee-shirt contest on a Saturday night. He sent up and down Highway 31 for every Hooters Girl and barmaid who could get on her feet and "shake that thang".
The contest went on for as long as  the manager could stretch it out - leaving us band members exausted and swearing to kill the next person who requests that trashy song. The little girl who won was almost flat chested but she had the moves.
Fortunately, that Saturday was our last night of a week at that location and we happily moved on.
The next band in had to play for a "hairy chest contest' the manager had planned for the following Saturday.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Imagine...a gay bartender who insisted on "Shake Your Booty" selected as the winner of a wet t-shirt contest a girl who looked like a 12 year old boy.  Some jokes just write themselves.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I never thought i'd play anything by Bob Marley because i've never been much for Reggea music. But when you put a country twist on them they come together nicely. Three Little Birds is one of my favorites now.

"Hotel California"....

Lord knows I've despised that song over the years because EVERYONE sings it and plays it.

Sure enough...now I can't stop playing it!!!

*rolleyes*

I'm loving it!!

lol,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Lol, I've been tangled up in blue all my life...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman - Next time we get together, I'll try and find the 'blue' scissors to cut through that tangle for you.   :-)

Dfoskey - Three Little Birds is one of my favorite songs.  The other day, my 8 year old was really excited and came to get me from my office to see what was on the TV.  It was some really cool animation on a children's channel she was watching, and the song playing behind it was Three Little Birds.  I've been stressed lately, and she wanted me to hear the message "It'll be allright...".  Good kid.  Anyway, we pulled out Legend and had a good time for a bit.  I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear your country version some time.  If you ever put it up on Youtube or whatever, *please* let us know. 

- Zurf

Aye, blame me!

How's about Spinning Around by Kylie Minogue. Or Patience by Take That. Or About You Now by The Sugababes.

Another I like to do is The Muttonheid Wearies by Ian Davison; good for drunken parties.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

copperhead road.  I never thought i would play it, but i have listened to it enough lately, that i really love the song.  I am trying to learn it now. And in Dropped D tuning, which i've never tried.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Ken ,
   I can't think of any songs that I do that I never thought that I would do ... With me it's always been more like songs that I never thought I could do , L O L ... Right away one song comes to mind , and that's " Yesterday when I was Young " by Roy Clark ... Always loved the song and one day last winter I started playing around with it , and got a good accoustic version of it down ... People tell me that it sounds real good ... Even some sober people , L O L ...
                            Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Beatles !!! arghhh.......but i now like to play "let it be"

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

I watched the blues brothers again ( I think that must be at least 30 times), and they always play rawhide in the country bar . I saw it here once and tried it,and I really like to play it now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman