1 (edited by cameronkl7 2009-11-17 22:41:12)

Topic: New Guitar Day!

Hi Everyone,

Well today I reeled in a brand new Martin 000CX-1E I know it's not a top of the line Martin but it's certainly much better than anything else I have, I'm very happy with it. I never thought I'd be able to say that I owed a Martin, but now I can. My wife went with me to pick it out. I told her I wanted to look at several guitars including the Martins. She seen my eyes light up when I got my hands on that paticular Martin and she told me to get it, not only that, but she told me to get the amp too! It was a Fender Acoustasonic 30w/dsp that sounds great, got a nice hardshell case and humidipak for it, so today I'm a happy man, just wanted to share the news, and if I can figure out how to post a picture I will.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-11-17 22:49:57)

Re: New Guitar Day!

Congrats Cam!! Sounds like a sweet package deal smile Props to the wife for the support as well. You're a lucky man wink

How does the stratabond neck feel? Nice to see they use a handrubbed finish for the top! So where's our eye candy? Pics coming? smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Great for you cameron.  I got my martin almost a year ago and still marvel at the sound.  Have fun and enjoy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Awesome Cam! Happy New Guitar Day! You just bring guitar, amp and wife on up here and I'll take a pic of the bunch of ya. In the meantime, email me any pic files you want posted and I'll take care of it that way if you need assistance.

But seriously - we have got to get together soon. I've got plenty of time on my hands these days.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the kind words, and yes I'll get my camera charged up and take some picks.

GuitarPix, my wife says thank you, she's a very beautiful and sweet woman.

Bensonp, I didn't know you had a Martin, I'm, sure you love it.

Topdown, Yes I'd still love to  get together, it would be great, I'll most likely need some help with the pics.

I'm not sure my playing level justify's a Martin, but maybe this will kick a little more motivation into me.

Cam

6 (edited by wlbaye 2009-11-17 23:37:53)

Good for you Cam,

I have a Martin also, I have played one like yours and it plays very nice. I would be happy too. I also have an Ultra Light Acoustasonic that I can't say enough good about. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. I'll bet your playin level will see a big boost.
I also played it through a Genz Benz acoustic amp at the local guitar store and I am very impressed with the fishman electronics.
I think you scored the goods smile

Later, Wayne P

My playing level does not justify a Martin either.  That is why I stayed with the low end.  A Custom D with rosewood sides and back.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Merry early Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean no presents under the tree for you this year? And maybe next year too?

Congratulations on the new score. It makes us all a little excited to share in your joy. Maybe a little jealous too.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Martin too.  I tried to convince myself for some reason for a while that I wanted a Taylor.  I guess because I like James Taylor or something.  I do like Taylors.  They've got a sweet sound, especially fingerpicked which is how I usually play.  But Taylor sounds like a really good guitar.  A Martin always sounds like a Martin.  Just like a Gibson always sounds like a Gibson.  If what you want is a Martin, nothing else - even something as good and well made and beautiful sounding as Taylor - will do. 

I got a bonus this year.  I wasn't expecting one.  It's not a big one.  But after I pay some bills and support a few charities that are near to my heart, perhaps there will be enough left over to consider a Martin.  Or that Taylor I like so well.  Dangit, why do there have to be so many great sounding guitars?!?

Oh, and there's this Seagull...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Man.  I completely sidetracked myself.  I forgot to congratulate Cameron on his new purchase.  Congratulations Cameron.  You've got a keeper.  And I'm not talking about the guitar on that one. 

- Zurf

In the meantime, I have been thinking about a Stagg twelve string that's been hanging at my local shop...

Dang guitars.  They're as bad as boats.  Man, it sucks having a bad case of B.A.S. and G.A.S. at the same time.  I need to win the lottery.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

congrats cameron,you beat me to getting a martin,I am really happy for you,and glad you did get your wives blessing, she must really care alot. I am 61 years old and have not owned one yet but I am determind  to get one before I get to old to play. ENJOY!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Cam can we please swap wives/girlfriends lol my wifes got the grump on cos i want another guitar sad

i only want a cheap drag around one too, somthing i wont be to bothered if it got a ding or two smile

cheers micky ;cool:

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Thanks again guys,

I'm so grateful that I have such a great wife and friends on here that all support me, but I think she's a keeper so I better not trade her, She's one of a kind. It was my first really good guitar, the others that I have are just to learn on, and while I'll keep playing them to, I now have my baby. Thanks again for all the kind words and support guys!

Cam

Congrats on your NGD Cam!  Good to hear you're gonna keep the wifey too and not pass her around to all these guys that are jealous!  LOL! 

I was in the local guitar shop the other day and purchased myself a few finger picks to try out (and I am in LOVE with the thumb pick) ... bought my hubby about 5 different thickness picks for his steel string to try out and one huge one that looks like a tortilla chip (triangle), a chord encyclopedia (which could come in handy for me too LOL) and checked out all the electrics they had there... of course, I couldn't help staring at all the beautiful older acousitcs as well.  I wish I'd have had my camera on me!  I talked to the guy in there and he said they could make a "package" of ANYTHING for my husband if he'd like to purchase an electric there... so... we'll be heading back in there before X-mas for sure!  I really want to get him one since he's been beating on that crappy starter steel string for years and was so kind to let me pick out what I wanted for our anniversary this year (just after my playing of a whopping 2 weeks). 

Moral to the story... Make sure you find out what it is your wife LOVES and return the love back on her with a nice special gift this year!  Give and you shall receive!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congrats Cam on the new guitar i hope you enjoy it for a long time. I tried one like it a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. Unfortunatly i will have to wait til next year for it. I have a loving and supportive wife also but she has to have a new laptop this year. I need to win the lotto with Zurf. Just too many wants and not enough gots for me.

Hi ,
   Congrats on the new guitar , and I hope you sent your pretty wife flowers the next day , L O L ... It's always great to bring something new into the stable ... I'm hoping that my pretty little wife will support me when the time comes ... Got my eye on a new Guild F-50 rosewood , which is actually second choice to the F-47R , but I can buy the F-50 for almost seven hundred less ... I have Guilds in Hog and Maple , but really want the warmth of rosewood ... Oh well , I hope , I hope , L O L ...
                                                           Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Good on ya, Cam.
Be sure to learn her favorite tunes and do whatever to include her in your music.
My wife, sadly, cannot play but she is my absolute best critic. Sometimes we are so busy playing we miss fine details a devoted listener can point out for us.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

cameronkl7 wrote:

Topdown, Yes I'd still love to  get together, it would be great, I'll most likely need some help with the pics.

Cam

Cam - How does this Friday (11/20) work for you? I've finished a little project I was working on a bit early and should be free all day Friday. A little afternoon jam sound OK? I can come to your place easily enough, but you are welcome here also.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to thank the others for their congratulations, and yes all the below mentioned advice is all good and hereby noted.

Topdown, I'm not sure tomorrow works from me, as tomorrow is my Mother=in laws Birthday, she has terminal cancer and my wife and I had planned to spend most of the day with her, however, if it should end up sooner than later, I'd love to come. If you will email me with your phone number "if thats ok" and time allows I'll give you a call and we can figure this out, again, if thats ok with you!

Cam

cameronkl7 wrote:

Topdown, I'm not sure tomorrow works from me, as tomorrow is my Mother=in laws Birthday, she has terminal cancer and my wife and I had planned to spend most of the day with her, however, if it should end up sooner than later, I'd love to come. If you will email me with your phone number "if thats ok" and time allows I'll give you a call and we can figure this out, again, if thats ok with you!

Cam

I understand Cam - Family comes first. I sent you an email with my address and I'll follow up shortly with a phone#.

Topdown - Come on up to Virginia.  We'll make you feel welcome.  At least until bedtime when I have to set up a tent in the backyard because my guest space is currently undergoing demolition. 

- Zurf

Congrats Cam. Sounds like you have 2 sweetys to take care of. big_smile Enjoy your jam with Topdown. big_smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

23 (edited by wlbaye 2009-11-21 15:46:19)

Hey Cam,

How about a report on the new guitar and amp, now that you have them home. Do you have a mic ? If so we need to see  you in action with your new baby's.

Later, Wayne P

congrats on the martin,  i  hope to own one some day,   have even looked online at the limited hippie martin guitar,  looks great,  but scared to buy online, (without playing it).    is there such a thing as a bad martin???

25 (edited by cameronkl7 2009-11-23 16:14:44)

Hi Wayne,

Hope to have up some pic's by tomorrow. I'll do my best, been kinda busy lately. As far as a mic, well I'm not sure anyone cares to hear me sing and play, but maybe real soon I'll be as brave as Crev's and get it up a "youtube" video, I'm afraid though that after I'm through they'll have to switch the name of it to "YouBoob" anyway I'll at least try to get the pic's up.

Cam

PS..actually my Wife has ordered her a new laptop with a cam and mic that we were told would be here by Tuesday, but now were told it will be Dec 5th, so anyway, I was gonna try to see if I could put something up on youtube then...stayed tuned!