Topic: Question for anyone with songs on myspace

I have some songs on my myspace page that I want to put onto a CD, and I was wondering how I can do this.  They're all MP3 files, so there has to be a way I can do it.  Thanks.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: Question for anyone with songs on myspace

Hi 06sc500
If you've got windows media player go to the "burn" section on the player and drag and drop the MP3 you want to copy to CD when you've got the all the songs you want to copy. Insert a blank CD in the drive and press "start burn" and away you go.....
ark

Steven Ark is correct windows media player can burn your cd's I have a program from Ashampoo (funny name for software) it was sent free to me and its fantastic and fast it also burns videos to cd's that play on a dvd player I dont know what is costs, I have never used media player to burn cd's so I dont know what kind of quality the sound will be but its worth a shot and its free smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

4 (edited by 06sc500 2009-11-27 18:21:39)

Oops, forgot, there's a slight problem.  First of all, two of the songs on my myspace page got erased from my Audacity files when my computer got a virus a while ago.  Secondly, the CD burner doesn't work on my computer, so I have to use a friend's.  How can I get the songs that are only found on my myspace page onto Windows Media Player?

Switchfoot

Real Player also works... I use it to download from myspace pages and then burn to cd. Always good quality and easy to use.. If you'd like more info on it let me know... -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix wrote:

Real Player also works... I use it to download from myspace pages and then burn to cd. Always good quality and easy to use.. If you'd like more info on it let me know... -Pix

So I can download the songs directly off of my myspace page?

Switchfoot

http://download.cnet.com/windows/stream … -software/

06sc500 wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

So I can download the songs directly off of my myspace page?

I used to be able to... I just tried to from your page though and the dowload window wouldn't appear... So they may have changed something... Or sometimes my real player is finicky and won't record for a day or 2 at the time so it could just be a temporary problem. I've got tracks in my library that I downloaded in the past so I know it used to work... I'll keep trying it through the day and If i get it to work I'll let you know how.. A window used to appear when I was listening to the track and give me option to download to RealPlayer...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

It seems to me that copyright laws are in effect on myspace.  Or else we could copy everyones elses songs for free.  Am I right or am I wrong?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

It seems to me that copyright laws are in effect on myspace.  Or else we could copy everyones elses songs for free.  Am I right or am I wrong?

I'm sure they are... I don't use myspace much and it's been years since I set up my account, but I believe you can allow it to be shared if you want... Someone else may know better though.. I know on some other social sites when you set up an account you can choose whether people can burn your content or not and I thought myspace was still that way, but you never know with how things keep changing...

Audacity used to be able to record from your soundcard...dont know if it still does or not...but if it does hit record...play the song...then save to your puter...then burn cd

The feature which allowed the public to download tracks from Myspace seems to have been removed the option is not given when you upload a song. Alot of changes were made to the player when they altered the format and that was one of them.

If you uploaded your songs I guess you must have the original MP3's. If not as Riddler says Audacity will record straight from the soundcard. Though the quality will not be as good as the original MP3.
ark

The reason the feature to download was removed is that myspace now sells this service and the artists pay a fee to myspace and recieve a percentage of the money made on the downloads,which is only right in my opinion smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Russ
Thanks for the info on the reasons for the no download option. I can see how Myspace and popular artists might benefit from such a monetary contract. Though originally the option for the public to download was a choice made by the artist it didn’t need to be taken up when the song was uploaded.  It seems freedom of choice has been removed with advent of selling songs.
Soundclick has both options to sell a download or allow the song to be downloaded free the artist makes the decision and freedom of choice has been maintained.
ark