Re: Happy Thanksgiving

I will take my mother's advice , and not get into a negative argument and spoil my favorite holiday.

I think anytime folks think of others and join hands to reflect and give thanks for whatever cause they believe in should not be frowned on by me or anyone smile

My wife has a friend that lost her 23 yr old daughter coming home for The Holiday , we are giving thanks and are prayers are with her family.

Later, Wayne P

Um, what was the rule about language.......something about this being a family friendly forum...

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Boys!

Everyone has a right to their opinions, lets not name call.  Thanksgiving started as a thanks for a bountiful harvest and a sharing of it.  Yeah... everyone has an opinion on the whole situation the native Americans were in after that (you don't want to hear my opinion)... but it still is what it is to Americans.  A day to give thanks for food on our plates and sharing it with friends/family. 

As an American who's celebrated it my entire life, I'm curious to know that it's thought of as a day to give remembrance to what the Native Americans gave up... interesting approach Ken.  I don't know if a lot of Americans actually celebrate it in that fashion (the Native American's probably do)... but I have never heard of looking at it from that point of view.  In school, the kids learn about how kind the Natives were and how everyone shared.  They aren't taught about Thanksgiving from the view point of the war that followed.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

upyerkilt wrote:
topdown wrote:

Well, piss off is all I've got say.

Topdown.
I was not trying to spoil your parade i was replying to russell, not all americans.
And i did say I thin kit is good for the right reasons the reasons thanksgiveing was meant to be about.

so piss off?>

and this is from a moderator?
lmao, no wonder i gave up being a moderaotr with narrow minded twats like you

Ken
have a nice life ya fud

C'mon man - This from the premier guardian of free speech and saying whatever is on your mind? Maybe my words do not translate well across the Atlantic - the term p**d off is pretty much everyday speech here, seen everyday on primetime TV. No harm meant, other than I strongly disagree.

I've just seen enough of your bashing of American Holiday's and felt the need to respond this time. I think I remember a similar thread regarding our Memorial Day holiday in which you felt the need to put us down. I stayed out of that one, but this time I felt the need to stand up.

I have complete respect for what you have done for chordie over the years and I absolutely respect your right to voice your opinion. But Opinion Street goes 2 ways - you voice yours, you gotta respect other's rights to voice theirs.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

mekidsmom wrote:

Boys!

Everyone has a right to their opinions, lets not name call.  Thanksgiving started as a thanks for a bountiful harvest and a sharing of it.  Yeah... everyone has an opinion on the whole situation the native Americans were in after that (you don't want to hear my opinion)... but it still is what it is to Americans.  A day to give thanks for food on our plates and sharing it with friends/family. 

As an American who's celebrated it my entire life, I'm curious to know that it's thought of as a day to give remembrance to what the Native Americans gave up... interesting approach Ken.  I don't know if a lot of Americans actually celebrate it in that fashion (the Native American's probably do)... but I have never heard of looking at it from that point of view.  In school, the kids learn about how kind the Natives were and how everyone shared.  They aren't taught about Thanksgiving from the view point of the war that followed.

I'm with her.................Topdown take a chill pill.  I get your point and I see Ken's as well.

Maybe it's time to lock this thread since mod's and former mod's can't keep their inner playground slap fight in check. 

The two of you need to take it outside!  Nuff said!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I think I stepped right back into a trouble zone,it would be nice to see it all stop now. Wlbaye I am sorry to see your wives friend lost her daughter over the holiday,I hope she will not have bad memories when this time of the year comes around.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wlbaye... I too am sorry to hear about your wives friend losing her daughter.  That is a hard one there.  I hope you keep her in your thoughts and prayers each year at this time as it will probably always be a difficult holiday for her now.  Thankful indeed for what we do have here with us each and every day!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

About the loss of the friend - terrible.  Condolences.

On the topic of Thanksgiving, I take Ken's point and think it has merit.  I've kept no secrets or made no apologies for my faith here, nor will I.  However, Ken's point of being sure not only to thank the Lord but also thank the people who have provided for us from their own knowledge and work and to their own risk is well taken and I appreciate having heard it. 

The rest of the adult spitting contest we can do without. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude