Topic: Gift wrap

Today is the 22nd wedding anniversary for my wife and I.  She is the same age as me, and for those who are keeping score you may remember that I just had my 44th birthday in September.  So that means we are celebrating today having been married for half of our lives.  I think that's cool.  So, I mentioned this before.  Why post again?

Because last night I bought a gift to share with the family.  Not really for my wife, or for me, but an activity for all of us to share together.  But when I got home to wrap it, I discovered that in packing up the desk in preparation for remodeling we had packed up all the scotch tape.  So, I had some pretty paper I bought, and I had a gift, and I had scissors.  How did I wrap it?  TAPE GUN.  Yes, I used a tape gun loaded with 3" strapping tape to wrap the gift.  Plenty of those around with all the boxing up we've been doing. 

It is one well-wrapped gift, ready for anything.  Not too pretty, though.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Gift wrap

Happy Anniversary to  you both , a toast to you.

Badeye      cool

one caper after another

congratulations and a happy anniversary to you and your wife and it dont matter how its wrapped its the thought that counts smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Happy anniversary to you and wife Zurf! Funny I always imagined you as more folk or country...Never thought I'd hear of you rapping smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

LOL!  Happy Anniversary!  Hmmm... I've had times when I THOUGHT I had paper only to find that I didn't... and sent the children to draw pictures on computer paper to tape all over a package.  In the end... no one cares, they just want the THOUGHT and the PRESENT!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Happy Anniversary to  you both. It takes a real man to use a 3'' tape gun. I have yet to pass my test on the 2'' model.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Happy Anniversary Zurf to you and your lovely bride, I think it's great you've both been together so long, hope you many more happy years to come!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Have a great  anniversay Zurf,

Presents from the heart dont need wrapping . Heres a link to a song i used to sing a lont time ago now.
Your post reminded me of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wANfZoE5x_I

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Happy Anniversary Zurf,

I have been married to the same old gal for almost 29 yrs and once in a while I threaten to trade her in for a younger model but I wouldn't trade her for the world  smile

Later, Wayne P

charlotte wrote:

Happy Anniversary to  you both. It takes a real man to use a 3'' tape gun. I have yet to pass my test on the 2'' model.

I used to run a warehouse, so I've used all manner of tape guns.  The ones that always drove me crazy were the wide Mobil wrap guns.  Some of those went 12" wide.  There were bigger ones, but I didn't use them. 

Thanks all for your well wishes.  She's quite a lady.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Congrats for making so many years together. Hope you and Mrs. Zurf have many more together.

Did the gift go down well?

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Yeah, it did.

I bought a gift for the family to do something together - a handheld GPS unit and a Dummies Guide to Geocaching.  I figured it would be fun to take the kids out to natural areas to look for "buried treasure."  So far, everyone seems to be into the idea.  Now we'll see if I can get them into the truck and head out to actually do it. 

- Zurf

Hi Zurf,

I have been accessing Chordie for approximately 2 years, and I have finally taken the plunge, and signed on.  I play guitar in a band called Pales by Comparison.  We are comprised of a ragtag bunch of guys in their 50's, who once upon time played loud and proud, and now are in search of the perfect sound, accentuating every wee nuance.  It's not that we are trying to rediscover our youth, but rather take great pleasure in playing every opportunity we get.

As you are a regular contributor to the Forum, I have always enjoyed your thoughts on a multitude of various subject matter.  I think your gift to the family of a GPS and its' application for Geocaching is brilliant.  The same lads (for the most part) that I play music with, are the same lads I do extensive paddling with in Canada.  Last year we marked 25 years together of paddling, drinking & critiquing single malts, laughing, utter silliness, and supporting one another.  Two of my friends date back to my formative years as a young child, and have been friends for almost 50 years.

You might wander why I am rambling on?  Well, on all our canoe trips we started a tradition that began in our very first year.  We have hidden a time capsule (large olive barrel - readily available at most Italian specialty stores) all over the wilds of Canada.  Each year every one puts inside the barrel something of heartfelt value that has deep meaning to themselves.  In addition we insert a fine bottle of single malt.

This past year the quest was to locate our first time capsule from 25 years ago.  After much searching, we unearthed the capsule and cast our eyes on the contents.  Nothing bonds friendship more than time.  The bottle of single malt disappeared after several toastings, and the friendship lives on.

I suggest that your family put together a time capsule and mark the way points on your GPS, and decide upon a time in the future that someday, you may wish to retrieve it.  Guaranteed there will be tears and laughter.

May the music flow forever through your veins, if not your brains.

Marc, of Pales by Comparison

Zurf wrote:

Yeah, it did.

I bought a gift for the family to do something together - a handheld GPS unit and a Dummies Guide to Geocaching.  I figured it would be fun to take the kids out to natural areas to look for "buried treasure."  So far, everyone seems to be into the idea.  Now we'll see if I can get them into the truck and head out to actually do it. 

- Zurf

Very Cool Zurf - I've been Geocaching with my youngest son (11 yo Casey) for a little more than 3 months now and it gives us a great reason to get outdoors and get him off the video games. I hope your family enjoys the hobby as much as as we have.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well, this has been interesting.  Topdown's into geocaching already, which is cool.  And how about Pales by Comparison?  What a kind and generous message!  Thank you, sir.  I'm completely honored that such a kind message would be your first and directed towards me.  I'm a paddler too, though I don't paddle with my youthful friends.  Your trips sound familiar to my long West Virginia weekends alongside the mythic New River. 

Curiously, I do have plans to get together with my youthful river rat friends over the winter and build a cardboard/duct tape canoe for us to enter into a specialty race next summer.  I wonder how terrible we will be - three paddlers in a homebuilt boat permitted to be made only of duct tape and cardboard.  Of the three of us, I think I am the only one to have been in a canoe in the past twenty years and I almost always solo - even in my enormous 17' Esquif Cargo (I put oars on it to make it easier).  One of the guys unearthed from his scrapbooks a picture of us in a homemade boat race back to when I was in the eighth grade and they in the ninth.  We are now in our mid-40's!  Three decades of silliness and fun (and a few somber occaisions as well).  I suspect there will be a little bit of whiskey consumed during the preparations of the cardboard canoe, though we prefer our whiskey with an "e" in it (bourbon) rather than Scotch whisky.  What do you expect from the grandson of a moonshiner? 

Anyway, here we all are paddlers, hikers, geocachers, and musicians, finding one another across state and even national borders to gab away. 

I love the family time capsule concept.  I will discuss it with my wife. 

- Zurf

I hope you all enjoy the gift.  A thoughtful one at that.  Congratulations, Zurf, you're the man.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congratulations, Zurf and the wishes for many more anniversaries to come!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Congrats from Canada Zurf
Geocaching sounds like it would be a blast along with the time capsule. Your just about halfway to a fiftieth for you and the missus, or maybe 10 or 20 for the kids.
Either way it's a once in a lifetime project and by the sounds of it, you have the family for it.
Very Cool big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)