Topic: Classical Guitar... grade 8

So I missed the deadline for my grade 7 guitar exam, and am proceeding to Grade 8 guitar.
I have a fantastic teacher, and this stuff is looking amazing! World class songs. Anybody else doing classical guitar? I do RCM. I'm pretty sure that's Canadian, though... On that thought, how many other Canadian users are there here? Eh? lol
Anyway I'm pretty excited for this. Gonna do my Grade 8 exam next January, hopefully.
Cheers, Mark

Re: Classical Guitar... grade 8

here's one, east coast canadian eh,, lol

badeye     cool

one caper after another

Canadian Eh?  Nope... but I was raised for the first 10 years in Buffalo and we associated with a lot of Canadians... mostly Grandma did as it was a necessity for her to go to Bingo in Canada years ago... apparently your bingo has always rivaled ours!  LOL!

I have a classical guitar... and someday I think it might be fun to actually learn how to play it properly, at the moment however I'm mostly just playing chords and picking out notes that I hear as I go.  It could almost sound classical at times!  Awesome that you're really doing it.  Mark, I'm checking out your soundclick now... I LOVE listening to the classical music!  What you've got on there is beautiful!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks! What I have on soundclick is not actually classical music though... it's like acoustic improv, written and played on my Guild. Classical guitar is pretty different. I'd like to post some of my classical stuff, but I don't think it's allowed to post other people's music on soundclick, seeing as I didn't write the classical stuff.

Yes, I could tell it wasn't quite classical... however your training shows thru there IMO!  youtube is the way to go to post anything you like as long as you own the rights to the video.  When you do (I hope you do!!) please do share!  I've got one guy marked as a favorite on there that I just LOVE listening to. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/AndanteLargo

I know he offers sheet music to all the scores he has the rights to (for purchase of course) ... from what I've seen, he writes a lot himself, and also "re-composes" popular tunes.  GOOD LUCK with your testing!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good Luck on your Grade 8
I wish I talent like that. big_smile

Kenny in Kanada

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)