Re: Picks Around the World

Well i just got them here back on American soil. There are some good ones. I took a few and i've added a few and a lefty pic guard. The first one to email me their address gets them.

^ Cool !!  dfoskey - please email me or post your city / town and any interesting tidbits about your town you would like to include on the google map.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm in Adrian,Ga which could be missed if you blink while passing through and not far from Soperton, Ga which is know as the Million Pines City. I'm also not too far from Macon, Ga which has the Georgia music hall of fame.

Link to updated map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … =h&z=3

dfoskey - I found a pic of the Adrian, GA water tower and included that in your town icon. I love small town Americana stuff like that.

Hi Topdown,

I just wondered if you knew how many miles it had traveled now, I'm sure they're adding up.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Right at 13,100 miles now Cam. Chordie is doing our part to keep the postal services in business smile

So with all the picks that's been tried, has anyone found a new brand that they really liked and plan to purchase more of?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey Topdown thats really cool to see part of my hometown on a map like that. I'm glad i took a part in this.

Pix i found some Dunlop nylon pics with the raised grip in there i really like. You have to throw it down to get it out of your fingers. I will be getting a few more of those to use along with my tortex pics.

134 (edited by mekidsmom 2009-12-16 16:59:54)

I picked a peck of picks... who's next?  First to email me their snail mail address gets the package sent to them next!

Nice selection of picks.  Some of these with neat grip on them that I've never seen before... and some smart hole punching going on too.  I might just be able to hold onto a pick now!  My 4 yr old ran over to see what I had and absolutely HAD to have the "pretty pink one with a bunny on it!!"  LOL!  She is now strumming away with her pretty new pick.  I won't send the package out until I get back to the local guitar store.  They had a really cool looking pick there that I don't see in this package and I want to include it (my husband has one, tho I doubt he'll part with it... so I'll buy a few to add to the bag!).  Soooo... this will go out in the mail by MONDAY at the latest.  editActually... if you're close enough (whoever wins) I'll send it out sooner if you want to take a chance at getting this by the 24th! I've added a bit already, more than I thought I had laying around here that could be useful to someone else.

Any Takers???

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs091.snc3/15840_1319179018181_1191936679_30968813_4065265_n.jpg

Thanks for the pick pic MKM - Interesting to see how it has evolved since I originally sent it off. Those bunny picks weren't mine, but I'm happy your daughter found something she liked LOL!

Do you have a gmail account? If so, I can set you up as a collaborator and you can assist in updating the map. I do get the feeling your computer / interwb skills are better than mine smile

I didn't... but I do now.  I have a feeling that I'm going to need one anyway... if I get what I want for Christmas I think a gmail account will come in quite handy!  so... mekidsmom@gmail.com

LOVELY!  I've just updated my location.  I also went ahead and added some pictures to the pin locations that didn't have any.  If you have a picture that you'd prefer on your pin, please feel free to email me and I'll gladly change it for you!

Click here to view the updated "Picks Around The World" map

^ Very Nice MKM - Thanks for your help!

cool, I see one of the picks I added, Can one recieve the picks again?  If so i'd take em and send em again.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

141 (edited by mekidsmom 2009-12-17 15:14:37)

Well... not this time around Badeye... I've already got a taker, they're heading over the seas again!

Your Welcome Jeff!

thats cool, so one can get em again ?   I'll keep watch for next destination..

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Badeye  cool

Not sure... you'll have to ask Topdown on that one... he started this wonderful experience.  Rules on seconds Topdown?

mekidsmom wrote:
badeye wrote:

Badeye  cool

Not sure... you'll have to ask Topdown on that one... he started this wonderful experience.  Rules on seconds Topdown?

I hate rules - especially for something like this that's just supposed to be fun. I really would like to see the package travel a bit more before it starts making "seconds", but no rule involved. I wouldn't mind getting it again myself to add some more of those chordie picks, but I think the right thing to do would be to give it 24 hours (at least) before requesting. If there is no interest in that time, just keeping it going would be the right thing to do.

It's only been to 10 members so far, surely there are at least a few more chordians that are interested in getting it.

So, seconds are fine. I'd just encourage those that have received it already to wait a bit to give others a chance.

No prop Topdown, just curious about what was added and taken. It was kinda neat to get the picks, I have more to add as well.

take care ...   Badeye.     cool

one caper after another

Well the 'Picks around the World' have made it halfway. They're with me in hot and humid Brisbane Australia. Thanks MKM. I've taken a couple I like and have added a few as well.

I'm hoping the package continues to circle the globe so I guess it would be nice if someone from the Southern Hemisphere was the next person to get them. It would also save the postman a trip out in your terrible weather lol.

So first in with an email with your snail mail address and they'll be on their way.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

And again, the map is updated:  Picks around the world map

Chevo, if there's a pic in particular you'd like, send it on ... click on my email or you can send to mekidsmom@gmail.com as well.  For now, I found a beautiful picture of the Brisbane CBD and Story Bridge.  I'm surprised they got there so fast!  Now... they haven't yet traveled over the Indian Ocean... smile

The picks are still available. I keep looking at them and seeing more I like so if they don't go soon there mightn't be many left....:lol:

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400

The picks have been claimed and will soon be on their way to..........

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400

Whoo hoo !

The box arrived today. It was here for me this evening when i got home all the way from down under. Thank You Sir" It was in perfect condition. Im gonna relish going through it  later.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !