Re: Your favorite vacation/holiday spot

I think there's only one way to settle this. We all meet up, each bringing a whisk(e)y of choice and we finish all three and see what we can agree on.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

I think there's only one way to settle this. We all meet up, each bringing a whisk(e)y of choice and we finish all three and see what we can agree on.

Now that is a way to achieve world peace, if I ever heard one.  <GRIN>   I wonder what our guitar playing would sound like after that?  LOL

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

lol lol

Been there. Not pretty.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I can imagine...........................envisioning whirled peas.    <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Zurf wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

The Irish have much better whiskey.  big_smile

Now you've gone too far.  The best whiskey is from Tennessee. 

- Zurf

BUT... where is the best moonshine from?  I've had Kentucky moonshine, smuggled in the back seat of someone's car for a very long trip to NY ... ugh... one sip was enough to knock me over for a bit!  I'm scared to say that I wonder how safe it was to actually consume!

Back on topic... Considering the 2 hour school delay today due to snow/sleet/freezing rain and 40 mph winds here in NY (and expecting another day just like it tomorrow) ... I'd take a vacation anywhere warmer ... but after Christmas and my birthday ... I need to have snow on Christmas and my b.day!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

alvee33 wrote:

I agree to your terms!

May need to have two or three consultations, just to be sure.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

I agree to your terms!

May need to have two or three consultations, just to be sure.

After digging out of our recent storm X2, I have consulted with "Cream Sherry" twice and she has told me to chill out and get a good nights sleep to better handle the digging out tomorrow.

mekidsmom wrote:
Zurf wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Now you've gone too far.  The best whiskey is from Tennessee. 

- Zurf

BUT... where is the best moonshine from?  I've had Kentucky moonshine, smuggled in the back seat of someone's car for a very long trip to NY ... ugh... one sip was enough to knock me over for a bit!  I'm scared to say that I wonder how safe it was to actually consume!

Back on topic... Considering the 2 hour school delay today due to snow/sleet/freezing rain and 40 mph winds here in NY (and expecting another day just like it tomorrow) ... I'd take a vacation anywhere warmer ... but after Christmas and my birthday ... I need to have snow on Christmas and my b.day!

We've had christmases in Florida several times, it is a bit strange, but the warmth and beach walking made me get over it pretty quickly.  <grin>

My relatives are flying in from icy Nebraska, tomorrow to vacation with us. after rain and 40's and 50's it is sunny and 70's today in Alabamy. I just took a motorcycle ride in shirtsleeves down to the Bon Secour River and back.
Rain tomorrow but we pray it gets back this warm again so I can take our guests sailing out on Mobile Bay.
They call moonshine "shinny" around here. My father-in-law drank the stuff before it killed him. He used to tell us that if you shake the bottle and bubbles form around the top at the bottle neck, you got the "good stuff".
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I think we'll all be meeting up at Tubatooter's Redneck Riviera home for the whiskey-off.  Shirtsleeves by a river sounds darned good to me right now. 

There is no good moonshine.  This coming from the grandson of a moonshiner.  I have a cousin who still produces moonshine, but he doesn't drink it.  He uses it as fuel for his '33 Ford race car. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

we have good shine here in cape breton. my uncle has a stainless steel still that produces great moon shine, burns blue on a spoon,warms the belly real nice. gotta be carefull with the 'ole' shine it can get you in deep trouble.
one guy i know adds javex to the mix to speed the process and get faster results, the downside to that is one can go blind if too much is consumed. the best shine comes from a slow drip still using mollasses as the main ingredient. in my younger days i indulged in the shine but not so much these days. ya didn't need much to feel it i tell ya.

happy shine badeye    cool

one caper after another

i think my favorate vacation was when i went to nashville took my guitar and found out how "not good" i was changed my outlook on my music started having more fun and strangely enough got better at playing there were so many people better than me at playing down there i was in shock. i played at a bar to fill in for someone that did not show up for his gig and had a ball it was the show not the hot licks that flew for me changed my life. i now do little shows around home and get calls for benifits best vacation ever!!!!

always pickin someting

That's a super cool story rstauffe. 

On the moonshine, every time I hear the Kenny Chesney song "Keg In The Closet", I always think what a piker he must have been.  In college, one of the guys had a still in the closet!  He didn't make shine, though, he made apple jack.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Great thread - must make a note of some of these places, especially those with the good fishing. Just popping out, darling, will be back in a month or so!
Best place I've been - New England in the Fall. Liked Boston, too.
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic