Topic: Just a few things I'd love to see on chordie...

Like the title says these are just some things I've wished to see on chordie for some time and never mentioned so I thought I'd throw some out there and see what others think...

- I'd like to see the search index for artist and songs to be available from the forum page..
- I think it would be good for links to be opened in a new window instead of them
  carrying you away from Chordie... I think this would help keep people on the site instead of
  wondering off after following a posted link.
- I think it would be cool to have in house personal messages between members...
- I'd still love to see a classifieds section for member use...
- I think it would be cool to be able to rate or Thumbs up/down topics and responses to help direct
   people to good threads and advice..
- I'd like to see polls added to the forums...
- After a few years of blue, I'd like to see a color change smile

There are others that aren't coming to mind at the moment but I'll add those in later smile  Not complaining at all, just some thoughts.... What does everyone else think?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Just a few things I'd love to see on chordie...

Guitarpix wrote:

- I think it would be good for links to be opened in a new window instead of them
  carrying you away from Chordie... I think this would help keep people on the site instead of
  wondering off after following a posted link.

All good ideas Pix. The above issue always bugged me too, until I learned this little keyboard shortcut.

Press the Ctrl key while clicking the link - That will open it up in a new tab.

It's just a workaround - I agree it would be better if the default were to open the link in a new tab instead of tossing you out of chordie.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by dino48 2009-12-14 04:06:20)

Hi pix you have some very good ideas, could be someone will look at your post and give them some thought/action. I also think we could add a couple of games like trivia or crosswords etc,and a history area we could all contribute too.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

and I would like to receive $10.00 everytime I check in.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Pix... good ideas!  I ws just thinking myself how nice it would be to have a PM (personal messaging) system in the forum!!  I'm glad you said it!

Polls are always fun, and a classified section sounds good too.  I agree, for those less savy having links open in a new window/tab would be good.  It would be helpful for the site itself, to keep people here.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.