Topic: My son the chicken kicker:)

Yesterday I took the family out on the town..(Myrtle Beach) We started off with a little put put since it's the mini golf capital of the world...Then we went to Dixie Stampede for the dinner and show and it was great. Really enjoyed the pre show which was the Guinness record holder for juggling and he performed some really amazing tricks. After the pre-show we went into the larger stage and dinning area for the meal and Christmas show. Well I won't bore you all with details but about half way through I talked to one of the employees and got my middle son (9) into the chicken wrangling skit. He and 3 other young boys got up in front of about 1,200 people to chase chickens across a finish line smile It was hilarious smile They each had a chicken to chase and maneuver to the finish line at the other end of the arena. Well my sons chicken wouldn't move! He pushed, shooed, and hollered all to no avail and finally after getting fed up and laughed at, he started Kicking the chicken from one end to the other lol So there he was in front of all those people playing soccer with a live chicken smile Glad PETA wasn't in the house wink Maybe you had to be there but everyone was rolling. He got a medal and a personal letter from Dolly Parton congratulating him on his performance, which was pretty neat. Next we hit Dicks (A local hangout) for some shagging... My oldest son (10) had his first slow dance with a young girl which was cute and fun to watch. Then we went onto the island for a campfire and some jamming with friends on the beach.. A little cold but fun nonetheless. Just a good time with some funny moments I wanted to share... Maybe one or two of you chuckled over the soccer chicken smile -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: My son the chicken kicker:)

Great story Pix. nothing beats spending quality time with the family. Get your time in with them now because as they get older you will feel that you need to make an appointment to see them.I'm still able to spend time with my two youngest boys because of shared interests(music and hunting) but my older ones have moved on with their own lives. This is natural but I still haven't gotten used to it. And for the record I was able to visualize your son playing soccer with a chicken and it did bring about a chuckle

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Just remember, the winner of last years American Idol was a chicken chaser.  sounds like fun.  Glad you shared your good day with us.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

G-O-O-O-O-O-A-A-A-A-L big_smile

Great Story Pix
The letter/medal from Dolly will ensure the story lives on.
Thanks for sharing and the chuckle. I can picture your son scrambling...:lol:
Maybe he should think about a career as a punter in football. lol

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Sounds like you guys had a great time, Pix.
Can you say "chicken kicker" three times real fast?
It's hard!
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'd love to see that video - kickin' and chasing a chicken. My son just asked me "what are you laughing at?" Just thinking about is funny.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Glad you guys got a chuckle out of it smile He was upset afterwards when he realised he had kicked it too hard and it had pood all over his shoe lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

That's pretty funny Pix... hey, at least he didn't just give up right!  LOL!  Sounds like quite a LOVELY day for the whole family.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well, we all have said that we would kick the poo out of something, but now your son has gone ahead and done it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Sounds like a great day! Reminds me of that song - "Kicking A Chicken With You"!! Was a bit worried about the reference to "shagging" - it means something quite different over here wink

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Of course I mean " Kickin' a chicken with me"! Duh!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic