Topic: Emergency Help Required!

Hi guys,

I could really use some help/advice here.  A friend from work is buying a guitar from me and he needs it tomorrow as we finish up then for christmas.  Its an Ibanez GRX70 electric Metal Style guitar.  Here's the problem..

Its never been used much and it played fine until I put new strings on tonight.  I was in a rush and changed them all at once.  Major mistake I feel.  Now its a nightmare/impossible to get in tune.  The  low E and A strings also buzz quite badly.  And that's not all!!  When you play the strings really hard there is fret buzz but also a sort of what I can only describe as warped/reverberating sound coming from the body.  This is with the guitar unplugged.  So my question is this.. 

Is the guitar broken/finished?  If not, what could I adjust?  I have the correct tools and its pretty easy to adjust the truss rod if I loosen a few strings.  I'm really desperate here.  The moneys not an issue but I dont wanna let my mate down as its for his son and I'm leaving him a bit short. 

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you guys can provide.

Regards,

Joe.

Re: Emergency Help Required!

Maybe the replacement strings were much lighter gauge than the origionals. If thats the case raise the bridge.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Maybe the replacement strings were much lighter gauge than the origionals. If thats the case raise the bridge.
toots

Good point above. Also, what sort of bridge is it. Like a Fender Strat? You may have to adjust the tension by opening the back plate if the bridge is "up".

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

If you took off all of the strings at once there would have been such a change of pressure on the neck. So hold the guitar up and look directly down the neck and if there's a curve you need to adjust the truss rod like you said. smile

Jason

I have a kahler flying tremelo on my Strat. When I change the strings, I routinely remove them all at the same time.  This allows me to clean the guitar easier.  I always use the same manufacturer and gage of strings.  Always.  If you've change brands or gages, you could easily end up with the situation that you describe.

Now available in 5G !