Topic: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Gotta love the south - they are calling for a "major snowstorm" to hit us in North Carolina starting tomorrow afternoon lasting through Saturday. Predicting a "possibility" of 3"-5". I'm a damn yankee and laughs at such forecasts (a damn yankee, as opposed to a garden variety yankee is one who moves south and stays here). To be fair, they simply do not have the snow removal equipment as we did up north and the roads can be difficult.

What gets me is the panic at the grocery store. Is it a southern tradition to make french toast at every threatened snowfall or what? Amazing  - every store around will be a mad house and will sell out of milk, eggs and bread right before a snowfall prediction (which usually are wrong anyway).

Forget the bread - I'll be heading to the booze store. And gotta dig our sleds out of the basement. big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I'm with you Topdown...Off to the liquor store, but only if we get 36" inches of the white stuff. big_smile

Meanwhile, watch out for the rookie drivers that think they know how to drive in the snow.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well, 2 inches is a good enough excuse to go to the liquer store.  French toast, Huh?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Shoot, it's only raining here in New Orleans and I could use some French Toast. Better yet - COCONUT PANCAKES!

Nela

Hey Topdown,

I have a Brother, who like me is from Noth Carolina, but he lives in out on Long Island in New York. I think I'll ask him if they call him a damn Southerner up there, I guess that would only be fair if they did. Actually he loves it there, but me, I'm a warm weather kinda person. While I love North Carolina, it's got everything from the Blueridge Mountains to the Outer Banks and everything in between as you know living here yoursel., if I had it all to do over again, I just might be living in the Caribbean. I'm with you on the booze tomorrow night though. Have fun in the snow!

Camk

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Sounds like a great recipe booze ,sleds and snow= lots of fun,you can eat anytime of the year!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

awhhh snowed in!! back to bed wiv a warm woman & a hot toddy ahhhhh bliss  yes and the " oi pet any footie/soccer on the telly?" lol smile

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH i love it.

We had a small snowfall last night. More ice today then now though. 1 degree today. French toast  I also love.

But pots of home made soup with good pinch of curry powder and brown bread yum. Santa must be delighted with the snow ! it makes it easier for him to get to the Emerald Isle. Heres a great wee link for Kiddes, but adults love it also.

http://portablenorthpole.tv/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1Ln-ctn5E

Have a warm day Chordians.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

LOL!  Jeff... we got about 4 inches the day before yesterday, the only hitch was that there were no after school activities.  It takes a REAL blizzard to actually shut down the roads... that is for the people who want to use that as an excuse not to go to work, but a lot of folks still do.  Here in the rural areas when it's snowing like crazy the back roads are the last to get plowed so it's common for them to have 2-4 inches of fresh powdery snow on them and everyone still drives through it! 

In fact... Here's what it looked like outside my house Wednesday night
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs111.snc3/15840_1319889555944_1191936679_30971083_8117446_n.jpg
I hear they got about 3 foot up on Tug Hill Wednesday night (a famous area around here for great snowmobile trails all winter long) and they're happy as pigs in poo! 

I understand that there's not a plethora of plows and salt trucks in the south, so I can appreciate the concern over "nearly half a foot of snow" as it's probably exaggerated.  Yet, you're talking about that coming down over a course of several days... hmmm.... and ... running to the store to stock up like a blizzard is on the way... huh?  LOL!  Thanks for the giggle!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well it doesn't look like i'll ever see snow anymore. All it will do here in middle Georgia is rain for a whole week now. I'm feeling kind of waterlogged. It would be nice to have a little snow for Christmas but not enough to really make everything shut down.

South East England just got paralysed by a couple of inches of snow...

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

We'll see.  I'm planning to take my kids to get Santa pictures today rather than tomorrow.  C'est la vie.   I can work tomorrow so long as there's power.  If there's not, I'm kind of out of luck.  Maybe I should get some wood in rather than booze, milk, eggs, or bread.  I hate being cold. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Let it snow.... SOMEWHERE ELSE!   smile

Even the threat of snow causes Seattle to laps into huge bouts of panic and stupidity.  It's as if they've never seen water fall out of the sky before!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Panic and stupidity are the usual course of business here in the suburbs of the nation's capitol.  Nevertheless, snow is a four letter word.  I'll throw out my back and tear up my arthritic shoulders shoveling and then after I get my soaking wet clothes off and warm up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, my family will wonder why I don't want to put my sopping wet clothes back on and play.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

snows fun for awile,but it is something I would not like to face everday,we are lucky on the left coast to have a moderate climate.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Ten years ago, my wife and I saw at least two snow flurries on Christmas Eve. We declared that a white Christmas in Alabama.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

lol. This cracks me up. I'm a snowboarder, hockey player, canadian, SNOW LOVER. I live in two feet all winter. I would die without snow big_smile On the flip side we haven't got much yet this year... it's white but not that THAT white yet.

I heard Charlotte was "shut down" for this storm... and it never came.  Did you actually get any snow Jeff?

we got 5 or 6" which is a pretty good amount for a single storm in this area. Seems to me the snow plows did a good job - they even cleared the street in front of my house on Friday and that usually gets no attention. It was a good moist snow and all the neighborhood kids were out yesterday playing in it.

I'm ready for Spring smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hey MKM.

I live only about 30 or so minutes from Topdown, and here where I am we only got a couple of inches if that much. The snow line hit right in btween us.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I do not know what is going on exactaly out there but we are getting newscast out here on the west coast that all is very bad out there,I guess they like to make things out to be worse then they are.

Hello all, what an extrordinary world we live in. I work in central Queensland on the gas fields. The temperature over the last week has varied between 40deg C and 45deg C every day. That converts to 104deg F to 113deg F. This weather also requires continual trips to the grog shops, mainly to ensure that dehydration does not become a serious health issue. I will think of you poor devils freezing your butts off if you spare a thought for us down under slowly roasting.
I love this site and all of the great people on it and wish you all the best for the coming season

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

WOW Jeff... 6 inches is a lot for the area you're in.  Good to hear those doing the plowing were able to keep up with it well.  Will it stay cold enough to keep the snow around for Christmas? 

Cam... it is interesting isn't it?  I live about 30 minutes from my father's house... he's in that "tug hill region" and the night we got 4 inches, he got that 3 feet.  Just amazing!  North Carolina still sounds like a good place to live, especially if 6 inches is the "worst of it"!

Bushy... good LORD!  Over 100 degrees F is NOT on my list of places to visit let alone live or work!  Well... maybe I'd visit as long as I could get into some air conditioned spaces!  Keep cool!  That's some serious heat to have to be working in.

Thanks Bushy. 

What I like about my neighborhood is that there was a floating group of "guys" who all pitched in with one another to shovel out whoever else was out, and those whom we know can't get out to shovel.  My 90+ year old neighbor came out to get his car and we all descended on him like a swarm.  Pretty soon there were three guys with shovels and one with a snowblower getting his car dug out while he sat inside in warmth and comfort.  Another neighbor is crippled with disease, so we dug out his ramp and his van so that he can get out if he needs to.  That's what I like about my neighborhood. 

- Zurf

14" here as of this morning in Massachusetts. Unlike our southern neighbors, it's sort of business as usual with anything this size. Roads are clear, power's good...Winter still sucks!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello