Topic: My Wife has come through again!

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may remember my sweet Wife a little while back gave me the ok to purchase a new Martin acoustic/electric guitar with a very nice amp. Well this morning she suprised me again. She has paid for me to get 6 months worth of lessons with a private instructor to help me with the things that I struggle with, and believe me there's plenty I need help with. I wanted to share this with everyone here that has also been a big help to me, and it's been much appreciated. I was picking with her about the lessons saying that well, that means you think I have a little potenial, or that I really stink at guitar. Anyway as I said I couldn't wait to let everyone know, I do have a sweet sweet wife who I adore very much and with her help and support and the advice and helpthat I get from everyone here, maybe I'll wind up with the confidence to soon go over and play with Topdown who dosen't live far from me, maybe even GuitarPix could come up if he's willing. Anyway thanks again to everyone's help here at Chordie.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: My Wife has come through again!

Good for you Cam,

Just having someone's support you is huge. I think most every musician feels very vulnerable at times and having someone's support along the way is great. 6 months of lessons is a long time .

I can see it now,

" They're gonna put me in the Movies, They're gonna make a big Star out of Me"  smile

Later, Wayne P

What a great wife, cameron.  Good luck on your lessons.  A wonderful gift.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congrats Cam! 6 months of private lessons is a fine gift!  I'm sure you'll find them invaluable! Kudos to your wife again, you're a lucky man!
  Oh and as far as a jam session, I'm game pretty much any time just tell me about a week ahead and I'll plan the drive smile All the best to you and your's this holiday season! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Cam, would you be willing to get together and work up a trade. I got a pretty good wife, a little high mileage, front end could use a little re-aligning, can be a little grouchy at times but is very dependable. If so, just let me know and we can work out all the details.

Nela

NELA, that is the perfect wife.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That's an awesome gift Cam! I look forward to jamming so you can share all you learn. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Try reading "The Five Love Languages."  It is written with a Christian perspective, but the love languages piece applies whether one (or a couple) is Christian or not.   There are five Love Languages, per this book anyway.  A love language is a way that someone both feels loved and expresses love for another.  One of the five is "gift-giving".  I'm betting that this love language describes your wife.  Some of the other ones are physical touch, acts of services, spending time, and there's one other that I can't remember. 

Mine are gifts and physical touch.  I'm a major hugger.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate all the nice thoughts. I am a very lucky man to have the wife that I do, you guys blow her head up on here, because I read her all of your posts, she gets a big kick out of them.

Wibaye, yes the support is invaluable to me, from her and people like you and others on here.

Topdown and Pix, maybe someday soon I'll be able to keep up with you guys.

Bensonp, thanks so much for the kind words, much appreciated.

Zurf, my wife said to tell you thank you for such a sweet thought and that she really appreciated that.

Nela, She got a big kick out of your reply and a big smile, I'm sure you'd never trade your wife, I bet she's a great one.

Her name is Felicia, and she's just as beautiful as she is sweet, ok, ok I'll quit gushing over her, thanks again guys!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hi Cam,

What a lovely thread to read this early morning.  Riciprocated love is  wonderful. You  and your wife are your greatest gifts to each other.. Long may you love.

Goodluck with your guitar work.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Congratulations, Cam. I have enjoyed a lifetime of backing and support from my lovely Hariett as well.
She let me buy Three guitars - an electric, an acoustic and a backpacker for travel.
She would even let me buy a second tuba if I could successfully demonstrate to her that I could play two of them at the same time.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Very nice Cam!  I find it interesting that this Christmas, the guitar type gifts seem to be the best ones under the tree.  Everyone is appreciating these gifts even more than they did others over the years.  The guitar is a "personal" thing... and to get something to go along with it is such an appreciated gift.  I'm so glad that you have someone in your life that supports your personal experience with your guitar.  I to received goodies to go along with mine this year.  It's so nice to have that support!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.