Topic: spending 31st dec

people in india love to go out for picnic in 31st. i guess its the same for all in world.

i will celebrate the day with sm of my frnds at a nice place. the party will start at 12pm and end on 12am. my acoustic is going to play a big role that day. whats ur plan? u all?

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

Re: spending 31st dec

watch football,this time of year we have college bowl games and NFL games I will be interested to see if Tiger Woods returns to the PGA tour or slips into seclusion like Bobby Fischer I tend to believe he will play after the storm passes but back to football I like Alabama or Florida for the national championship smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

No picnic here... we've got a foot or so of snow.  Folks come over to our house starting around 7PM...everyone brings something to eat and drink, and I generally make chili, meatballs, and a ham...  we eat, have drinks, laughter, play some games... and watch the countdown to the New Year on TV... then everyone gives everyone else a kiss and hug as we toast in the new year with a glass of champagne.  It's the only time the kids are all allowed to stay up till midnight.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry Russ,

But it will be the winner of the Alabama , Texas game for the Title. The Gators got blown out by Alabama a couple weeks ago and they don't have a remote chance. smile

Later, Wayne P

I watched the game,I forgot that Alabama was playing Texas for the national title but then at my age theres a great deal of things I forget lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Out here on Long Island, New York, I had established a tradition of riding one of my novelty bicycles along the Jones Beach boardwalk on New Year's Day, but that was during the spell of unusually warm winters we had a few years back.  I've been hoping for another warm New Year's Day so I can incorporate my OTHER hobby (ukulele) into the tradition, but this coming January 1st doesn't look like one that's going to be kind to a wooden instrument!

Here's to a better 2010 for all.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

First Night.  Our town has a family friendly celebration starting at around 6:30PM with kid entertainment like children songs, juggling, puppet shows, etc.  As the night progresses, it moves more towards adult entertainment (not "adult" as in "adult videos" but "adult" as in "older than a child") mostly oriented around music in all manner of styles.  At midnight there's a candle lighting and sing-along at the town square then everyone goes home, sober and safe. 

This year my brother and his family, and also my sister are coming to my house for a respite before heading out in New Years Day to meet up with the rest of the family at a cabin in West Virginia where my brother-in-law and I will be making some tunes.  I'm hoping that there'll be space in the van for a bass and amp because I haven't had a chance to jamm on bass with someone for over a year now.  I'm seriously considering an e-Bay special acoustic/electric bass guitar for campfire season. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

By the way, I'm planning to take my laptop computer along.  I've got Wavepro installed on it and may record some of the jamm.  If anything turns out, I'll send it to Russell or Detman101 for a bit of their magic to share with my global jamm buddies.  I don't have a Youtube or Myspace account.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

hi zurf! i know west virginia only from the song of john denver and it makes me feel like its a place of immense beauty. i hv never seen any landscape of it. i am sure to make a visit there for atleast once in my life

We have friends and family around - started at 4 pm around 4 hours ago. We'll see the new year in with some fine Irish whiskey. Funny we're having chilli too - and a half side of salmon. Must swop recipes, Mekidsmom.

Then it's off on another turn on the wheel of life - guess you have that in India, Krishanu ?

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Krishanu

Check this out...

Here's a bit of West Virginia, near Harper's Ferry.  http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPad … erNov2008#

Near Harper's Ferry, but from land: http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPad … persFerry#

Here's a bit of West Virginia, down near Hinton.  http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPaddler/2007RSCR#

And more near Hinton.  http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPad … rSEyeView#

Make up your own mind.  There's not many places I'd rather be. 

- Zurf

just going to hang around the home front to many drunks out there driving,tomarrow watch some football and have pizza and beer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

StranSongs wrote:

We have friends and family around - started at 4 pm around 4 hours ago. We'll see the new year in with some fine Irish whiskey. Funny we're having chilli too - and a half side of salmon. Must swop recipes, Mekidsmom.

Well... we started around 7 when our dear friends we see about 2 times a year arrived (tho I started cleaning and cooking around 1)... had some drinks, a little Jack-n-Coke, played a few board games, laughed our butts off... ate... rang in the new year with Red Cat (not the best wine, but it worked... and better than cheap champagne... tho I do ADORE expensive champagne!)... watched the kids play the Wii... and went to bed around 2AM.  It was a lovely evening!

As for my Chili recipe... I've attempted making it from scratch several times and for some reason, I always go back to this lovely cheat that I found years ago because it tastes sooo good and authentic and is sooo easy.  Look for a can of "Chili Magic" ... that's right!  It's a chili starter in a can.  Contains all your beans and seasonings... just add can of diced tomatoes, beef, and onions.  I feel so cheap admitting that I do this when I am the one that bakes homemade bread (no bread machine), cinnamon buns, makes homemade souvlaki and backalava among other "difficult" meals and treats... but alas... the chili magic is as good as any homemade chili!  My friends go crazy over it... "oh Amy this is sooo good!  I love your chili!" I've admitted to them what I do, but I don't think they believe me to this day!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

14 (edited by dman4505 2010-01-01 14:00:14)

Zurf we have the same thing here in Council Bluffs, Iowa
My wife and I were going to attend this year, however with the air temp at 4 and windchills around 15 below zero we decided to stay home where it was warm.
Across the river in Omaha, Nebraska there's a fireworks show downtown, usually there's a few hundred thousand people for it, but this year there was only a few thousand. The weather threw a big wrench into all the events this year.

Don

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

hi stransongs, i am a bit confused with ur last expression, (THEN ITS OFF ON ANOTHER TURN ON THE WHEEL OF LIFE). is there any special reference behind that?

No - other than i thought the wheel of life was similar to the Dharma Chakra.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis