Topic: It's a shame.

I think it is a shame we can't hear the tone of voice  and see the sparkle in the eye when someone posts a post with a sense of humor. I think if we could a lot of apologies would be unnecessary. Till then I'll use patience.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: It's a shame.

I agree... black and white online tends to cause issues more often than it probably should.  I wonder if there was something in particular that sparked this post deadstring?  If it was me... I probably didn't mean it!  wink  Smile on...

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

humor is difficult in text.  It takes a knack to pull it off in writing.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

But it's a very definite necessity in this day and age.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Well, I've found that the first step is to actually have a sense of humor.  Some folks run around the internet looking to be offended.  Some folks run around the internet looking for a laugh.    Oddly enough, both can read the same thing, and be entirely successful in their endeavors.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Yes , i agree deadstring"  said Old Doll hoping it wasnt her ?

Ill clatter the chops off whom ever offended you deadstring [ Just joking ]

I to have offended here without meaning to. Its the different cultures  around the world i guess. Lost in translation.

Make my day and yours . Smile bigtime. lol lol lol There ! Thats better!.

Warm hugs from a chilly Emerald Isle.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

7 (edited by arkady 2010-01-03 19:00:53)

Hi all
I believe the use of smilies accompaning a statement in a post can in some way put over the tone of a comment.
I know some members don't or won't to use them but that's what I believe they are for on a forum and not just a childish emblishment to post. I used them a lot and I don't think my tone has been taken the wrong way..  smile

The link to the smilies are below the message box and can be copied and pasted into a post or can be just copied  smile
ark

Put your pistols back in their holsters Old Doll! I haven't been offended but I will take all the hugs I can get! Thanks!
At my age any kind of bodily contact is good!   wink

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Agreed... there's been a few times I almost took offence, then saw a smilie and realized it was a "funny" ... cultures, the black and white... it all plays a part.  Not to mention, people HAVE different senses of humor (the dry sort is what usually knocks me for a loop, interesting because I also do not like dry wine yet my sense of humor can sometimes be dry as well... so ironic).  I think it's important to take life with a grain of salt, and never assume because you know what happens when you break down THAT word?

Honestly, when ever I've told my hubby about an issue that's arisen here over different opinions (generally about culture and lack of knowledge of how another celebrates... most recently I will say... the conversation that evolved about American Thanksgiving)... he always says, "I thought it was a music website?" ... he's right... so I put it aside and move on to the music stuff!

Happy days, stay calm cool ... big smiles big_smile .. we're here to have fun, so if someone is disturbing than we should just ignore them tongue and go on our merry way! smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Please don't ignore them Please smile

" A folk singers job is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable"      Woody Guthrie   cool

Later, Wayne P

I use one with every post.

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

I'll really have to figure out how to use them lol along with the rest of the 'puter

How about that lol  lol  lol,  i'm on a roll.

If I ever say anything that can be taken several ways, take it the way that makes you laugh.  Even if it's not what I intended, that's good enough for me. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

it's kind of like trying to have a sense of humor in a foreign language.  Almost impossible to do.  it takes quite a mastery of the language to get it across.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

16 (edited by micky the mooch 2010-01-05 16:58:42)

aye different cultures etc  like us  erm what would you  from the U S of A call us Brits?,  plonkers? big_smile big_smile nahhh! using one of your sayings lol "whatever" big_smile

some things dont travel too well, maybe thats why it could be taken wrongly too?..learn to take thgings said "with a pinch of salt" i'd say

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

True enough it is sometimes hard to decipher whether a comment is malicious or not.
I try to remember that PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY on this board is friendly and they don't act like others on 99% of  other boards.

It feels good to be in the 1%.
Thanks to the mods and Per for setting the guide lines.

Kenny big_smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)