Topic: The Beatles Mp3s

Does anybody know where I can download Beatles albums? There's thousands of tribute bands available for download on the web, but I can't seem to find one thats actually them singing... am I going to have to track down a vynyl to hear the real band??

Re: The Beatles Mp3s

I dont think your going to have much luck downloading the Beatles music free, I have seen a few performances on youtube but cant recall any freebies smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

No no no not free, just at all. I usually download mp3s through amazon and pay for it, but all I can find on there is tribute bands. I'm thinking there must be some kind of exclusive media rights for the Beatles I'm just wondering who's allowed to sell it because I want it lol

ok I think there is a Europian company that owns the rights I know Michael Jackson purchased all the rights to the Beatles songs but where that leaves people who like you wish to download and pay for it I cant say I honestly dont know who controls this,keep googling it up maybe some other members here on Chordie can give some more information on this smile

Michael Jackson never "owned" the Beatles songs, what he purchased was the publishing rights to most of The Beatles catalog. The performance rights have always been held by the Beatles members or their estates.

The rights to the performances belong to Apple Corps, which is technically a partnership owned by McCartney, Starr, and the estates of Lennon (i.e., Ono) and Harrison (i.e., Olivia, his second wife). Those rights are licensed by Apple to EMI.

To maybe oversimplify a complicated business, publishing rights are basically the sheet music rights. There are a couple things the publisher can't do. The first is to mess with, or license the use of, Beatles recordings.

Here's a pretty good explanation on snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/jackson.asp

As far as I know, the only reason the Beatles aren't available as downloads are because they (Apple music corp - not MJ) haven't come to agreement with any on-line source. Negotiations with Apple computer (i-tunes) have been ongoing for years. There was great speculation and anticipation that the Beatles catalog would be available last year.

So for now, the only way to legally purchase Beatles tunes is to buy the CDs. Thats fine with me as I like to hold something that I spend my money on, not a bunch of zeros and ones coming from my computer connection.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Top thanks for the clarification smile

Ohh ok, well thank you very much. I guess I'll have to go get it the old fashioned way lol Although walmart in this town can be very frustrating and I'll probably have to head to the Bs and dig through fifty bazillion BRITTNEY SPEARS's before I hit BEATLES.

8 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-01-06 00:26:11)

Try here (link removed, just in case)  Never used them myself but they seem to have them all... Cheap too!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

^ I'd caution using that site. As far as I know, beatles tunes downloads are not available legally anywhere - despite what the site claims.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Looks too good to be true, don't you think?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Looks too good to be true, don't you think?

Maybe.... I signed up under a ghost account I use to try out sites and the catch is you have to deposit $30 to your account there and then buy from that... I guess it assures that you spend at least that much with them in order to get the downloads for that price (.05 each).

I did search the web for any warnings about the site (lavamp3 or mp3 panda) prior to posting the link and couldn't find anyone speaking negatively about them but (of course) caution is always recommended....  I'll remove the link and post if anyone thinks it could be problematic...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I am still interested in the site, somewhat, but afraid of the short or long term issues that may arise.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

hello!

Harrison is my favorite artist!

[img]http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/ … 1.jpg/img]

Well! i'm giving you a link.You can download all songs of Beatles.

Link: http://www.mp3.com/artist/the-beatles/summary/

cool

**Link deleted-Spamming is not allowed**