Topic: Fast fret

I'm looking for a good string lube. I hadused a product called "Finger Ease in the past byt can't find it. I just started playing again after 15 years. An thoughts? Thanks

Re: Fast fret

Fast Fret, is a good thing to use.  I also use lemon oil on the figerboard, it stops it drying out.
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Ever tried a product called Gorilla Snot. It works.

Nela

though that was to stop you dropping the pick as it is sticky ?
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

GHS Fast Fret works good.
But about 4 songs in it kinda wears off of your strings.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Ditto on the Fast Fret

Now available in 5G !

Yea , " Fast Fret " works , but I don't use it much ... And when I change strings , I use linseed oil on the fingerboard ...
  Hey NELA , you use " snot " Too ?? I've used it for years because I like a medium pick and a light grip most of the time ... Friends give me crap about it , but then they're dropping picks and I'm not , so ......... L O L ....
                                                                Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I can't use the snot cause I'm always putting my pick in my mouth when I'm not playing or going fingerstyle.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Wot Dett..so you've never picked your nose and eaten it lol big_smile

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Fast Fret !  My Son gave me some about a year ago and I was impressed with it. I havent used it on the new strat yet as Im not too sure how long it lasts before it needs replacing. Anyone have any advice ?

cheers.

gag.

Strats Rule Forever !!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone tried a wax product?

Doesn't it make you strings go dead faster?
Have you tried coated strings instead? Flatwounds?

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com

I saw a Radiohead video and they were waxing the strings any input on this. I have been using lemon oil on the fretboard. This is a new guitar Martin DX1, which is the last guitar I'll get. My wife won't let me have an eletrical guitar, because that means buying an amp and then some pedales and then a bigger amp and then another band and them band practicus and then a bigger amp and then egos break-up the band. LOL been there done that!!

Butch8844 wrote:

I saw a Radiohead video and they were waxing the strings any input on this. I have been using lemon oil on the fretboard. This is a new guitar Martin DX1, which is the last guitar I'll get. My wife won't let me have an eletrical guitar, because that means buying an amp and then some pedales and then a bigger amp and then another band and them band practices and then a bigger amp and then egos break-up the band. LOL been there done that!!

good gracious... who wears the trousers in your household then? wink

An electric solid body or thinline can be practiced with quietly using a headphone amp and headphones... try and sell that aspect on her.

anyway, back on topic, I use fast fret and refill the pad on the stick using light mineral oil (sewing machine oil, thinner than 3-in-1) and white spirit to carry it into the pad. If you look at the ingredients for fast fret, you'll find that it's mineral oil anyway. I keep two pads, one in use and one soaking in.

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

Thanks for the input man, I'll give that a try

I wear a kilt she has the pants LOL

I suppose strictly speaking, I don't actually use Fast-Fret, but my own mix applied using an old Fast-Fret stick... smile

anyway, if it's good enough for this guy (Snail's Pace Slim of "The Hamsters") He refills his stick using WD-40!!!

http://www.thehamsters.co.uk/equipment/misc.php

then it's good enough for me...

mind you, I'd rather use a proprietary blend on an expensive guitar cos then you have someone to blame... YMMV

[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/Paul.jpg]a better photo of me[/url]
[url=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/paulcooke100/IMGP0556.jpg]My basses[/url]
haven't photographed my guitars yet... smile

micky the mooch wrote:

Wot Dett..so you've never picked your nose and eaten it lol big_smile

Well of course I've done that (What boy worth his salt hasnt?) lol

Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle