Topic: A little tech (computer) help please :)

I feel kinda stupid asking this as I'm sure it's a simple fix but ,for the life of me, I can't get it smile

I've been using my wifes PC lately and I'm missing the ad images, like Jamplay here on Chordie. All I get is an outline with a small box of colors in the corner where the ad should be. I don't really mind not seeing ads but it's also affecting some embedded videos on other sites and that I would love to correct. I've checked and both Java and Adobe are updated... Anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: A little tech (computer) help please :)

Are you using Firefox with ad block plus installed? If so, you can click on the drop down list by the ABP stop sign (top right screen) and disable ad block.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hey Tops, No she uses IE and is running XP, if that helps... It just started about 2 weeks ago all of a sudden. Thanks for the idea though smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

It probably started after a system update by microsoft. You know the ones that happen automatically. This happened to me a while ago. I think it may be something to do with Flash Player but you may have to totally uninstall it and then re-download and install, as simply updating it doesn't work. Failing all that you can do what I did - download Firefox.

I have since upgraded to a new PC with windows 7 and the latest IE and have no problems.

Good luck, I know how annoying it is.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Check to see if a banner pops up at the top of the screen warning you that "images have been blocked to protect your computer" or that you need to click to enable Active X images to be downloaded.

If so, follow the instructions on that banner and see if your images appear.  I'm not sure this is your problem, but it's worth a try.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

Reinstalled flash player and all is good smile I had tried updating but I guess it needed a full reinstall..  Thanks guys!!

I always get a kick out of these posts (as long as I'm not the one with the problem!) 

Typically, there are dozens of responses, each one a more dead-certain solution than the next.  Usually, in the end, none of the ideas solve the problem, as there's always some variable or important piece of information the original poster forgot to share.  And just as often, there's something many of the responders didn't bother to read in the original post.  I guess I'm one of those irresponsible problem-solvers this time!

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you, Guitarpix.  This can be especially frustrating when you can't see chord diagrams on tab sites.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...