Re: What was your first song?

mine was real first song that Im proud of is "hurt" by Jhonny Cash, I know 9 inch nails wrote it but I learned Jhonny cash's version.

The first song that I learned was John Denver's "Country Roads" which was way back in the early 1970s.  I believe his tunes and guitar playing are what inspired me to to learn how to play the guitar.

Taylor 314CE, Ovation Elite L718, Cortez 12-string acoustic, Fender Stratocaster, Kala Makala MK-T Uke
Fender Champion 20 Amp, Acoustic AG15 Amp
Line 6 Relay G10 Wireless Guitar System
ToneWood Amp

'Amazing Grace'... the first one I did by ear was 'Old Habits' by Hank Williams Jr. lol

My first was "Every Rose has it's thorn"

Hi guys,
I enjoyed reading through all the first songs and reminising learning in the begining and remembering how much trouble I had with the C chord, well my first riff was Enter Sandman, but my first strum along song was Wild thing closely followed by the eagles peacfull easy feeling

"Smoke on the Water" my cousin taught me 30 years ago, then Ghost Riders. Damn 30 years playing and still never got any better... LOL

Rock and Roll Never Dies,,, It just passes out for a while: George Thorogood

spad_dad wrote:

"Smoke on the Water" my cousin taught me 30 years ago, then Ghost Riders. Damn 30 years playing and still never got any better... LOL

I feel your pain, but, I still enjoy it as I hope you are.  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

My grandson just learned a Nirvana song titled, "about a Girl" . It was surprisingly easy.
All verses were Eminor, G and the choruses went C#,F#, E,A,C .

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

First song I learned to play ~correctly~ and all the way through was Blackbird by The Beatles. It's a very fun song to play.

country feedback - REM is the first song I learnt to sing along too

Haha the first song i leaned was What I Got by Sublime. Pretty easy to get down.

my first song was  ''down on the corner'', by creedence clear water revival and still play it today   :-)

my 1st song was "Grandpa" lol & I still luv it.

Hmmm...There is a house in new orleans..

smile

Mine was Amazing grace. It was the first song to learn in my first tuition book in the chords of A D &E.

I believe "House of the Rising Sun" was my first song over 35 years ago.  I still play it fom time to time... (smile)

JD ~  My mind is like Lightning.  One brilliant flash and it's gone!

the sweet one i have abolutly no idea who made it bt my x girlfriend taught it to me

I taught myself "Homeward Bound"-Simon and Garfunkle.

Then when I took a few lessons,   he taught me "Last Thing on my Mind"-Tom Paxton.

I'm actually attempting to learn my first song right now.... "Folsom Prison Blues" -J. Cash

Good choice!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Dylans "Don`t think twice it`s allright"... and for a reason!  wink

That is a good one to learn and one of my early tunes.  Good chord changes and lyrics that stay in your mind.

House of the Rising Sun (Animals) followed by every Beatles tune I could pick out. Then Dylan. Then Neil Young & Crazy Horse...

elvisusa wrote:

I believe "House of the Rising Sun" was my first song over 35 years ago.  I still play it fom time to time... (smile)

Definitely more than 35 yrs ago!

"As the Raven Flies" by Dan Fogelberg. Back in 1982. On a no name les paul copy that met it`s demise soon after

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.