Topic: Greensboro trip! Wanna jam? (Tops - Cam) New guitar content also...

Well I just bought a guitar off of craiglist in Greensboro. We've made arrangements for pick-up next Sunday so I'll be in the area... Yaw up for a little picking? wink I have to meet him at 2:30 but the rest of the day is open smile

BTW... The guitar is a Yairi DY-77 1973 model. I'm excited smile That's my birth year and most of you know I'm a Yairi nut, so this is a dream come true, for me to land my birthyear Yairi.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Greensboro trip! Wanna jam? (Tops - Cam) New guitar content also...

Congrats Pix - I hope the Yairi is better than you are hoping for and I can't wait to see and hear it first hand! So, hell yea I'm in for a jam and will be happy to host. I'm also happy to travel if Cam would prefer and of course any other chordians are welcome to join!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I hope you enjoy it.  I'm sure you will.  Wish I could join you guys.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Sounds like a plan then smile We'll wait to hear from Cam or any other chordians in the area before we set the final details...  It'll be good to see ya again smile Maybe I can finally try out that fancy CA you've got wink I'll be sure to carry something with a soundport so you guys can try it out! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey Guys,

I'm at the Hospital right now as I read this, I haven't been online in several days, but I finally thought to bring my laptop with me this time. As some of you might remember me mentioning that my Mother in Law has terminal cancer and my Wife and I are spending most nights here with her at the hospital with very few breaks it's been really hard. Anyway things are kinda day to day so it's hard to make plans just now, however if time allows and I can, I'd love to meet up with you guys and hang out for a little while, I could certainly use the much needed break, thanks for including me and hopefully things will work out.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Oh by the way  Pix, congratulations on the Yari, I'm sure you'll love it.

Cam

Cam - I hate to hear that buddy, believe me I've been there. If there is anything I can do to help, just say the word. If you don't mind me asking, what hospital are you at? My wife works at Forsyth in the Radiation dept.

If I can run some errands for you, or pick you up for the jam, anything at all just let me know.

Jeff

Thanks Top,

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your offer, it means alot to me.I 've been so tied up with this for over two weeks now and I'm pretty much dead on my feet. I've not even had much of a chance to pick up my guitar in that two weeks except to go to my lessons, but not able to squeeze in time to pratice, I'm thinking od seeing if I can postpone my lessons for awhile until I have more time.

We are at the cancer center in High Point, next to the High Point Regional Hospital, I'm not sure how much longer we'll be here, we'll have to make other arrangements at some point. My Wife ask me to Thank you Jeff for your offer and that it was very sweet of you. We'll keep you informed and hopefully see you and Pix if I can work it out, thanks so much! Congrats again to Pix on the much prized Yari.

Cam

Thanks Cam! Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Our thoughts and prayers for you and yours during this difficult time.. Hope to see you soon! Best wishes  -Pix

CameronK17,

I love candles. I feel theres a great energy about them. Ive just put a light to a lovely pink one for you
and yours.

My positive thoughts to you all.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you Old Doll"

It touched my wife as well as myself that you cared enough to do that, it means so much to us. It's just another thing I love about Chordie, the people in this musical family are some of the best in the world, thanks again Old Doll, and may the sun always shine on your face!

Cam

Congrats on the Yari Pix!  I hope you guys can get together!  I am jealous that you all live close enough to be able to meet! smile

Cam... I don't know a whole lot of guys that would spend their days and nights at their Mother IN LAW's side.  I had to re-read that a few times to be clear that this wasn't your own mother.  You are clearly one of the good ones and your family is very lucky to have you in it.  I think a lot about the differences of knowing that someone is on their last days.  You have a chance to say everything you might want ... but you're also spending your days waiting for the inevitable which is also so very heart wrenching.  When I think of those who have passed too young, my daughter comes to mind and I envision a beautiful place with her enjoying one more grandparent to take care of her (as she only has one up there with her now).  My heart hurts a little thinking of what you all are going through.  A little prayer... and please remember to take care of yourself too, a couple hours of music can be so good for the soul! 
((HUGS)) Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi MeKidsMom,

Thanks so much for your thoughts, that was very sweet, again it just re-affirms the kind of people who visit this site. It dosen't look good that I'll be able to meet with Pix and Topdown, though I really wish I could, I need the break, but I need more to be by my Wife's side for however long it takes. I haven'y hardly even picked up my guitars since my Mother-in Law has been put in the Hospital, she's been moved now to a Hospice Home because we need help with her, more help than we can give her at home, it's a very nice place, great room, with a view of landscaped yards, a balcony, it's almost like a resort, very very nice. Again thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts, it's much appreciated.

Pix, I never mean't to hijack your thread,I know your excited about the Yari, and I wish you long years of enjoyment playing it, please let us know how it sounds and how much fun you and Topdown have if your able to get together.

Cam

Pix - I hate to do it, but I'm gonna have to bail on Sunday. sad I've got a job in Spartanburg, SC that starts Monday, so I am going to head down Sunday afternoon to check out the location, find a place to stay, etc.

Saturday works for me if you change your arrangements?

Hate to hear it man sad Wish I could change arrangements but I teach all day Saturday so that's kinda out of the question.... Maybe we can get everyone together later on smile Good luck with the new job!

Any good places to check out in the area?    Guitars wink

I'll post some ngp's (new guitar pics) Sunday evening smile -Pix