Topic: BEST COMBINATION TO FORM A BAND

I had a strange idea last year. It occured end 2006 and at  that moment I didn't know the existance of chordie. Why do I mention this: because of the structure of the band members. A singer was NOT present.

The group existed as follows: 4 guitar players, with 4 very nice voices, 1 guy who played bassguitar, also singing, 1 very complete drummer, handling all music styles and 1 keyboard player, having a lot of possibilities in his keyboard, playing stuff identical to big band music, or organ, like in church. This strange combination, had also a percussion section.

Why this combination, and 4 guitarists: a complete different sound. To be more specific, trying to play, and to sing in harmony (singing like CSN&Y, Bee Gees), to give some examples.I don't have to look where this idea started I was thinking of my best concert I ever saw: Carlos SANTANA, supporting act Paco de Lucia. After the last note Santana had squeezed out of his guitar, they started again with "flamenco", first Paco, followed by Carlos in the second song and at the end 10 (TEN) guitar players, all playing the same song, in a different way. That's why I am convinced that one can form a band with 4 guitarplayers, using all kinds of different chords, or acoustic, or electric, or a combination. You need a real good rythm section too.

All members can sing and the point is, what do you find of this composition of a "pop- R&R - blues" group.

You will have a fantastic 4 guitar harmony, and voices.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BEST COMBINATION TO FORM A BAND

Gypsy kings.

Re: BEST COMBINATION TO FORM A BAND

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]