1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-01-16 14:16:03)

Topic: LOCH LOMOND a tradional folk song video

I was in a good mood after recovering from a two week illness and this song popped into my head it made me feel good singing again so I recorded this video the harmony is a voice over useing the windows movie maker narration feature it automatically syncs the video with the audio track nothing fancy it has a air to it kind of whimsical when you have a little time please give a look smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =102235208

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: LOCH LOMOND a tradional folk song video

Nice one Russell, but just to be hyper-critical - it's Lomond. lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Loch Lomond.

Alvee I pulled the song from the Chordie index and it was listed as Loch Lomond sorry about the typo I will make the edit on myspace as soon as I leave Chordie my ancestors come from Scotland and Ireland on my fathers side and German on my moms and they could spell better then me lol thanks for the correction smile

alvee33 wrote:

No worries, Russ, I was just being pedantic. You did you ancestors proud.

6 (edited by deadstring 2010-01-16 18:10:41)

alvee, since we are correcting each other,you left the r off of your.:D  big_smile big_smile  big_smile

Russ, very nice. Glad you are feeling better.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

thanks Alvee and Deadstring I just finished a project with Phill Williams remixing his great song "are you awake" lots of editing but hopefully he approves of it or I must redo it but it wont be the first time smile

deadstring wrote:

alvee, since we are correcting each other,you left the r off of your.:D  big_smile big_smile  big_smile

Russ, very nice. Glad you are feeling better.

lol Good  one

Very nice Russell!  I wanted to sing along... but all I know is the "you take the high road" part... ahhhh... refreshing and it was a pleasure to watch you play as well!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

thank you MkM most (including myself) do not know the lyrics I found the song on Chordie's index but the chords left a lot to be desired so I arranged this, the guitar is capo-ed on the 4th fret and I use a C Am Dm F open G structures I have some new video software (3D merging) and I am looking forward to producing some new videos thanks again for your comments smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Very nice Russell!  I wanted to sing along... but all I know is the "you take the high road" part... ahhhh... refreshing and it was a pleasure to watch you play as well!

Hey Russ I enjoyed that one..
Glad your feeling better my friend. Nice to have some new software to play around with. smile
ark

YA BOYA RUSSELL !

Give the man in the bed more porter  or Icecream !

That was great Sir.  I was a singing everyword with you.  Loch Lomond is truly a beautiful place to visit.

I also have seen your new park video !! Im thinking to much wacky backy went past your nasal barrier.

Old dogs is sooooooo much better with only Icecream lol.

Delighted your well again.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks Ark good medicine for bad ailments is the cure,the new software will take a little getting use to but it looks promissing and it feels good to be over that virus so I can get back to my old self lol

Helena perhaps the prize patrol will stop at my door with balloons and a fat check (fat chance lol ) and then I can see the Loch for myself and pay a visit to my cyber friends across the pond,actually I was very straight when I filmed the park video just relaxed from a nice day I made the rest up as an excuse for the narration glad you enjoyed and keep singing along smile

For those of you familiar with Runrig, they do a fantastic folk/rock version of this which traditionally they always end their live concerts with. The Stirling Castle 2004 concert finale version is my favourite - worth getting the DVD if you are into rock with a strong celtic flavour.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Thanks for the information its always good to know someone else is doing a better version then me,in fact I will rush out and purchase there DVD as soon as I get off the crapper thanks again for hijacking my topic with your endorsement

CRIKEY!!

Wow RussH thats a bit OTT. There was not an ounce of criticism or comparison in my post, merely an observation that there was another version of the song worth looking at. After all, God forbid that we should all play a song the same way as if it was guitar karaoke.

By the way I enjoyed your song.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

I have no problem with that but you can introduce another topic and provide this information it just seemed a little OTT to put it in mine thats all I appreciate your comment on likeing my version and after reading your post I'm sure you meant well smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thanks for the information its always good to know someone else is doing a better version then me,in fact I will rush out and purchase there DVD as soon as I get off the crapper thanks again for hijacking my topic with your endorsement

Aaahh  Russell,

Whats this about ?? Sure i do this all the time here with songs,  its not comparing , its just showing how many ways
a song can be interpreted. I'm sure Twang town posted in the same way as i would, with no malice or insult intended.

In  all honesty Sir i have to say " Your reply as a moderator on Chordie i found offensive to another chordie member".
Chordie for me is about  a global  musical family with all kinds of opinions. They need to be respected and not taken to personally.
Now stop stomping your feet like a bold chilld and do what you do best, Play Music.

Old Doll.

Heya Russ,

I'm with you on this one smile  Folks should know better than to mess with a man when he's on the Crapper  lol

Later, Wayne P

OLD DOLL,
My thoughts entirely.Very well put.

My lady my reply was as a man,the fact that I am a moderator dose not remove my emotions or thoughts nor am I immunized from saying whats on my mind from time to time I'm sure we all say things we wish we had not because we let our feelings get in the way,moderators are People prone to the same human frailties as members or anyone else for that matter perhaps I made a mistake saying what I did and I may do it again perhaps I have in this reply "oh well I cant change it best live with it and move on" my deepest apologies for speaking my mind smile

Old Doll wrote:

In  all honesty Sir i have to say " Your reply as a moderator on Chordie i found offensive to another chordie member".

How to enjoy Chordie's forum:
Basic Guidelines
DO'S [ Be friendly], [be helpful.]  [Ask questions]. {Share knowledge and ideas} .[ Respect personal differences}.

I sure aint asking you to apologise for speaking your mind Russell, as you Or as Moderator, Or as a man.

Ive been long enough on chordie now to know  " what i consider to be a smart alec answer or sarcasm.

I felt your reply contained the latter.

My opinion also matters im  sure as a chordie member.

So have a good day sir whether your in the John ! or outdoors with your music.[ I prefer the latter thought also ]

Old Doll.

The curse of the Nessie i guess. { Wheres UYK when we need him. }

perhaps I worded what I said wrong  I only meant "oh well I cant change what I said I just have to live with it and move on" and my deepest appologies for offending anyone period,if you find that smart alec or sarcastic your entitled to your opinions and lets leave it at that smile

Sure !

Have a pleasant day or Night Sir..

Old Doll.