Topic: 60s Headstock Fender Strat

If you guys didn't know, Guitar Center has recently come out with a cool new 60s Headstock Strat, most notably used by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock '69. I'm thinking of getting it, but there's one problem: IT'S $700. So have any of you played one? I wanna know if they're worth the buy. If so, can you give me some details? THEY LOOK SO AWESOME!!!

Re: 60s Headstock Fender Strat

I have not played one but you can buy a strat style neck which they call a paddle head (there are two kinds one for a LP type head and one for a strat type head both called paddle heads)uncut and cut your own.  There already drilled for the tuners and usually string trees.  If you cool with the staff at G.C. you could take a piece of poster board and trace the headstock style (carefully of course) and fill in the lines between the tuners. The necks go average of $100.00 (american). That's cheaper than a new strat. (providing you have an existing guitar to change the neck).

Bootlegger

Bootlegger guitars.

<font face="Times"><font size="3"><font color="indigo"> My Highway 1 has a 60's headstock and they do look cool but hey at $700 bucks they should,lol... if you'll notice alot of other Strat models are getting the 60's headstock as well...the Malmsteen and Robin Trower models come to mind but if you do go out and just buy the neck keep in mind each neck comes in different shapes as well and i'm not just talking headstock here... ie, C shaped,U shaped and V shaped necks...and they are all a bit pricy straight from Fender. You may want to check around on the net and see if any stores online are having clearance specials w/ a 60's headstock. Hope this helps.</font></font></font>

wrote:

If you guys didn't know, Guitar Center has recently come out with a cool new 60s Headstock Strat, most notably used by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock '69. I'm thinking of getting it, but there's one problem: IT'S $700. So have any of you played one? I wanna know if they're worth the buy. If so, can you give me some details? THEY LOOK SO AWESOME!!!

I heard that Guitar Center is going out of buisness
cool
danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

danspr wrote:
wrote:

I heard that Guitar Center is going out of buisness
cool
danspr

Hahahaa...that would be funny.
Maybe these exorbitantly high prices will finally come down.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

yeah.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr