Topic: Mother in Law

hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Wife's Mother passed away today. Some of you may remember that I had mentioned she had cancer. This morning at 10:45 she passed, no more suffering no more pain. It's eye opening to sit bedside watching someone suffer and then to pass away. I'm not sure what else to say, I just felt like I needed to share this with my Chordie Family.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Mother in Law

Cam - My thoughts and Prayers are with you and yours. It's never easy, but eventually the good memories will overcome the pain you are feeling today. Give your wife an extra hug from me.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Watched my Dad go through the same thing. Cancer is an awful thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and our family.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Cam,

Take care of your special lady, she will need you more than ever. Our thoughts and prayers are with you folks.

Later, Wayne P

Love, Hope and Strength to you all.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Cam,

I am sure that your Mother-in-Law was proud that her daughter chose you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My heartfelt sympathy to all concerned.

I read this piece at my friends funeral. I believe "Henry Van Dyke" wrote this piece wirh such a great insight into life and death
May you and yours take great consolation from same.

Quote- Henry Van Dyke"

“I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts
for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky come
to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says;
"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull
and spar as she was when she left my side
and she is just as able to bear her
load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!"
There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout;
"Here she comes!"
And that is dying.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Cam, I am sorry for your loss.  There aren't a whole lot of words that will ever work right in this type of situation.  I think Old Doll has some really good ones there however.  You are indeed a good man to have been there for her... and especially for your wife during this time.  Thank you for sharing the update with us.  My prayers go out to your family.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi All,

I just wanted to thank you all so much for your kind words, they are much appreciated. We have her funeral set for Thursday, were hoping for decent weather. My Mother-in Law put up the good fight, this is actually the second time she's fought cancer, and beat it the first time, but it was just to much this time around. Again all your prayers, thoughts, sentiments and words are so appreciated, it really touched my Wife that you all cared so much, she loves you guys as much as I do, thanks so much.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I'm sorry to hear of it Cameron.  Please pass along my condolences.  We'll say a few prayers for her peace and for you* and your mother-in-law's soul. 

- Zurf

* - Plural "you" to include your wife.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I wish you and your family the best cameron.  It is a hard thing indeed to watch someone to the end.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Condolences to you and your family. I had a lovely, lovely mother-in-law who died of cancer at only 51 years. Life just ain't fair, sometimes.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Cam, I feel your pain and loss. I, too, have lost family menbers and friends - it's something that is never easy. Always remember, they are no longer suffering and are in a better place. Be happy that you got the opportunity to share their life and be a stronger person for it. You will have your memories for the rest of your life.

Nela

Hi Cam, sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum 7 yrs ago to cancer and I still miss her dreadfully and I'm, 50 yrs old. Never to old to cry for your Mum at times thats for sure. Sometime it just isnt fair......

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

I'm sorry to hear this Cam. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Have to agree with Roger, as I'm sure she'd be proud to see you sharing with us.   Sometimes all you can do is show you care, but that's all it takes.

Hi Cam,

Take comfort in the knowledge, that the obvious love for her made her passing dignified and a time not shared unfortunately by many .

My condolences.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

You all are familiar with the meddling mother-in-law stereotype. My mother-in-law moved in with us when we were only married for three months.
She was ill and had lost her husband. I had misgivings at first. The second time I laid eyes on her was to travel by myself to her home in the mountains and bring her here to the deep South.
We came to get along fine. She was a straight shooter and lived by a clear set of rules that made it possible to do business with her. If she had a beef she would address you to your face and never talked behind anybody's back.
My wife worked nights at a newspaper and I played in bars six nights a week. We never had to farm out two kids off on a babysitter. Granny was there to love and care for them and she loved to help with housework. She was there to get the kids up early and take them to school so we could sleep in. She lived with us 20 years and then moved in with my wife's sister after her divorce and helped raise her two kids.
She contributed so much to all our lives. When she became senile, she was the most popular person at the hospital because she helped the nurses care for people and clean. She didn't know she was a patient. She went right to work.
She forgot most people's names but she always remembered mine. We were friends.
She's passed away now. I miss her.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Cam, Sorry to hear of your loss. Friends and family hit us the hardest, been where you are too many times.   Mike

Our intuitions serve us well